- One component RTV (Room Temperature Vulcanizing) , rapid-curing adhesive/sealant formulated to solve repair and maintenance problems
- Cures to a tough, rubbery solid when exposed to moisture in the air
- Adheres to clean metal, glass, wood, ceramic, natural and synthetic fiber, painted surfaces, and some plastics
- Excellent resistance to weathering, vibration, moisture, ozone, and extreme temperatures
- Excellent general purpose sealant
3M™ Black Super Silicone Seal is formulated for fast and effective repairs. It cures to a tough, rubbery solid when exposed to moisture in the air. Our paste-like, one-component silicone rubber adheres to clean metal, glass, wood, ceramic, natural and synthetic fiber, painted surfaces and some plastics.
Create a Strong, Secure Seal
3M™ Black Super Silicone Seal exhibits excellent resistance to vibration, moisture, ozone and extreme temperatures. Our sealer is a paste-like, one-component material that cures to a tough, rubbery solid when exposed to moisture in the air. This silicone seal comes in a tube for easy dispensing and application convenience.
Exceptional Resistance to Real-Life Conditions
Our silicone seal delivers toughness and durability when exposed to common environmental effects. It exhibits high temperature resistance, good weathering resistance and good water resistance.
This sealer will dry tack free in 15 to 20 minutes and has a cure-thru time (1/8 inch thickness) in 24 hours.
- Sealing automotive trim
- Sealing drip rails
- Sealing taillight and assemblies
- Filleting and caulking joints to provide a water and dust barrier
NOTE: May cause crazing or hazing on optically clear plastics. May cause softening or weakening of plastic parts. Will cause accelerated rusting (oxidation) on bare metal surfaces. Test for compatibility with materials being repaired to determine whether product is suitable for use and method of application.