- Ideal 3M flap disc for medium-duty applications like weld removal and surface preparation
- Built with 3M Precision-Shaped Grain for an exceptionally fast cut, helping increase productivity
- Poly-cotton backing delivers controlled, even wear in medium unit pressure applications
- Individual flaps break down, exposing fresh mineral to deliver consistent cut rate for the life of the disc
- Easy to use, with less gouging than fiber discs and bonded wheels
- Offers a great balance of fast cut and long life
3M™ Cubitron™ II Flap Disc 967A is ideal for medium-pressure applications on flat and contoured surfaces, especially in light deburring or weld leveling to prep for paint in mild steel. It’s also great for stainless steel fabrication where finish and gouge resistance are important. Powered by 3M Precision-Shaped Grain, this disc cuts fast and lasts long.
The Anatomy of a Versatile, Medium-Duty Disc
3M™ Cubitron™ II Flap Disc 967A – powered by 3M Precision-Shaped Grain and a poly-cotton backing – is well-suited for medium-duty applications including weld, scale and oxide removal, light deburring, surface preparation and blending. Along with the poly-cotton backing, this disc also features an incorporated grinding aid to help it run cool and cut efficiently on heat-sensitive metals. This all adds up to a disc that strikes a balance of fast cut and long life.
Flap Disc Design
Flap discs are the ideal choice for a wide range of applications on a variety of metals. The abrasive flaps offer a long-lasting supply of fresh abrasives in a load-resistant design. Designed for use with a right-angle grinder, flap discs allow you to breeze through a wide range of applications with less chance of gouging – even for less-experienced grinders.
Powered by 3M Precision-Shaped Grain
3M™ Cubitron™ II Flap Disc 967A features our proprietary 3M Precision-Shaped – a grain design that continually fractures into sharp points that slice cleanly through metal, unlike traditional abrasives which tend to plow through the substrate. The grains fracture evenly and continuously expose new sharp edges to keep the disc cutting efficiently. The result is that 3M™ Cubitron™ II products out-cut and outlast conventional ceramic industrial abrasives.
- Weld removal
- Light deburring
- Scale removal
- Oxide removal
- Surface prep