- Black, interlocking mushroom-shaped heads (400 stem density per square inch) provide strong, reliable and durable fastening that can be opened and closed multiple times
- Mates with Type 170 or Type 250 stem densities to provide different strength combinations
- Round 13/16 inch diameter piece part with a 0.16 inch counter sunk hole features a rigid polyolefin backing that allows for attachment with screws or rivets
- Strong fastener secures with an audible snap, verifying closure
- This hidden fastener provides a snug fit and smooth aesthetic appearance
- Features good temperature resistance of 220°F (104°C)
- Suited for indoor or outdoor use
3M™ Dual Lock™ Reclosable Fastener SJ3463 is designed to deliver a durable, reclosable fastening solution, which can be opened and closed multiple times. This circular piece part fastener is most commonly attached by counter-sunk head screws or with rivets, facilitating a flush fit for your mating parts.
3M™ Dual Lock™ Reclosable Fastener SJ3463 has exceptional strength through its interlocking mushroom-shaped heads (400 stem density per square inch), providing up to 5X the tensile strength of typical hook-and-loop products. The circular piece fastener provides a snug fit and smooth aesthetic appearance.
- Alternative to pressure sensitive adhesives
- Attaches to difficult-to-adhere substrates
- Interior panel attachment
3M™ Dual Lock™ Reclosable Fastener SJ3463 consists of interlocking mushroom-shaped heads that easily slide over each other, allowing for positioning of parts before being snapped together. This fastening process creates a durable attachment and provides fast product assembly with great design flexibility. Reclosable fasteners can also engage with different stem densities for varying levels of strength and system performance.
3M™ Dual Lock™ Reclosable Fasteners sound an audible snap when secure, which verifies closure of the attachment. To disengage, simply peel the pieces apart by hand. These fasteners maintain their strength throughout multiple attachments and detachments. A lightweight alternative to metal fasteners, this product remains hidden beneath surfaces and does not interfere with the integrity of your material—providing aesthetic improvements and design flexibility.
undreds of Reattachments in a Snap
When two pieces of 3M™ Dual Lock™ Reclosable Fasteners mate, the stems flex and the mushroom heads slide past each other. After passing the opposing mating piece, the stems snap back into their original position and the opposing mushroom heads interlock. These fasteners can provide high tensile strength but can be opened by simply cleaving or peeling open the closure. This product is well suited for many indoor applications where a good performance, high strength, reclosable fastening system is required.
Delivers Long-Lasting Performance
Not all design requirements are easily satisfied, but you can simplify your attachments. When you need a strong, reliable, yet removable closure, 3M™ Dual Lock™ Reclosable Fasteners are the easy alternative to traditional fastening methods such as screws, nuts or bolts.