- Provides extra cut and longer life than SC and PD Surface Conditioning discs for heavy duty deburring and finishing
- High, fast cutting yet conformable disc is ideal for edge deburring
- Conformability combined with secure, hook and loop attachment provides aggressive cutting without damaging the base material
- Open-web construction resists loading and runs cool, allowing for consistent finishes
- 3M™ Hookit™ attachment system offers quick and easy disc change-out for multi-step finishing processes
Scotch-Brite™ SE Surface Conditioning Disc combines an aggressive, non-woven disc to perform heavy-duty deburring and finishing with the efficiency of a hook and loop attachment system. Our heavy-duty non-woven fiber construction conforms well to help preserve edges as well as irregular or contoured surfaces.
Our Scotch-Brite™ SE Surface Conditioning Disc uses aluminum oxide abrasive. Aluminum oxide is a popular choice among industrial professionals because of its cut-rate and long life. This mineral is a tough, durable abrasive that self-fractures to expose fresh cutting edges in use, whereas traditional abrasives, such as garnet, quickly wear down with use. Due to its high cut-rate, hardness, strength, and low heat retention, aluminum oxide mineral is widely used in grinding applications in addition to sanding and finishing use. Aluminum oxide is suitable on a wide variety of substrates in both woodworking and metalworking, including ferrous alloys.
Scotch-Brite™ industrial abrasives are unique surface conditioning products with abrasives incorporated into non-woven nylon or synthetic fibers. Combining abrasives with the fibers creates an abrasive system that gives you consistent results for the life of the product. The open-web material runs cool and is load resistant, which keeps the abrasive minerals cutting at high performance by limiting clogging of the fibers.