- 3M Precision-Shaped Grain maintains super-sharp points that cut exceptionally fast with less pressure
- Disc life is significantly longer, completing more parts per disc and requiring fewer disc changes
- Reduces changeouts and downtime in manual, robotic and pressure-assisted applications
- Triangular shaped ceramic grain lasts up to two times longer than other ceramic abrasives—it wears evenly, runs cool, and optimizes mineral breakdown
- Stiff fiber backing and a strong resin bond provide durability and tear-resistance for heavyweight applications such as high-pressure weld grinding and beveling
3M™ Cubitron™ II Fibre Disc 982C uses 3M Precision-Shaped Grain to generate up to twice the cut-rate, durability, and life of other fiber discs when grinding carbon steel — all with less grinding pressure required by the operator. That means less operator fatigue, faster throughput, and more parts per disc when tackling medium and high-pressure grinding applications.
Raising the Bar in Abrasives This premium fibre disc raises the bar in speed and stock removal. With 3M Precision-Shaped Grain, 3M engineers developed a process for generating triangular shaped ceramic grains that are electrostatically oriented on the backing to form sharp peaks and maximize cutting potential. These peaks act like individual cutting tools that slice through metal, and continuously fracture into new sharp cutting edges. The grains wear evenly and self-sharpen, reducing heat due to friction to deliver up to twice the life of other fibre discs, with less grinding pressure. The result is that 3M Cubitron™ II Fibre Disc 982C out-cuts and outlasts every conventional ceramic industrial abrasive disc on the market, maximizing productivity and helping reduce your overall abrasive spend. Ideal for Robotic Weld Grinding In medium and high-pressure applications like robotic weld grinding, it's important to choose a high-performance abrasive that cuts fast and lasts long. The self-fracturing mineral in 3M™ Cubitron™ II Fibre Disc 982C will keep your robot grinding welds long after other abrasives call it quits, reducing downtime and maximizing efficiency. Curious about robotic material removal? Our dedicated team of 3M robotics application engineers are ready to partner with you on your automation journey, from idea to implementation. Choose Your Grit 3M™ Cubitron™ II Fibre Disc 982C comes in a range of grits to suit your application needs — from coarse grinding large welds to blending and deburring. Your Total Solution Supplier Combined with 3M power tools and application engineering expertise, 3M™ Cubitron™ II Fibre Disc 982C is part of a complete abrasive solution. With the 3M abrasive solution, you’ll have the right abrasives, the right tools and industry-leading application engineers to help you take your shop to the next level.