- 3M Precision Shaped Grain (PSG) maintains super-sharp points that cut exceptionally fast with less pressure
- PSG runs cooler, reducing metal discoloration/oxidation and the chance of heat related stress cracks
- Disc life is significantly longer, completing more parts per disc and requiring fewer disc changes
- Grinding aid reduces grinding temperatures for processes involving heat-sensitive alloys such as stainless steel, nickel alloys and titanium
- 3M™ Roloc™ attachment system provides for easy disc changes between grades or applications
- Stiff fiber backing and a strong resin bond provide durability and tear-resistance for heavyweight applications such as high-pressure weld grinding
The 3M™ Cubitron™ II Roloc™ Fibre Disc 987C is designed for heavy duty metalworking applications such as weld grinding, beveling and flame-cut edge clean-up. This product uses 3M Precision-Shaped Grain on a fiber backing for fast grinding and blending.
Our 3M™ Cubitron™ II Roloc™ Fibre Disc 987C uses precision-shaped grain technology (PSG) for heavy duty metalworking applications. 3M's PSG is an exceptionally high-performing ceramic, resin-bonded to a stiff fiber backing.
Our 3M™ Fibre 987C products incorporate a grinding aid to keep the workpiece cooler, protecting heat-sensitive alloys from heat damage and reducing re-work. These features offer increased productivity for heavy-duty grinding on all metals, including stainless steel.
- Heavy duty metalworking applications
- Flame-cut edge cleanup
- High pressure grinding
- Right angle grinding
- Edge chamfering
- Weld removal and finishing
- Edge beveling
- Gate removal
To create PSG, engineers start with 3M™ Ceramic Abrasive Grain and use proprietary technology to form the grains into triangular structures and electrostatically orient them on the backing to form sharp peaks that maximize cutting potential. These peaks slice cleanly through metal, rather than gouging or plowing as traditional abrasive grains do; and continuously self-sharpen as the points break off. This generates a super-fast cut and lessens heat build-up due to friction, reducing heat-related stress cracks and discoloration. PSG also wears evenly, and because the abrasive stays cooler and sharper, Cubitron II products last significantly longer than their conventional ceramic counterparts, ensuring extended high performance in production applications. Our Cubitron™ II products achieve a fast cut rate and a long product life.