- WIDE RANGE OF APPLICATIONS: Versatile disc handles applications ranging from finishing to coarse sanding, focused primarily on stock removal
- DESIGNED FOR CLEAN SANDING: 3M Xtract™ proprietary multi-hole pattern provides superior dust extraction to prevent loading, increase productivity and provide a cleaner work environment
- WORKS WELL ON MANY SURFACES: Suitable for use on aluminum, carbon steel, composites, wood, fiberglass, gelcoat, topcoats and paint
- QUICK AND EASY DISC CHANGES: 3M™ Hookit™ attachment system allows for easy disc changes and helps optimize disc life
- OPEN COAT CONSTRUCTION: Open coat construction and load-resistant coating prevent clogging to optimize cut throughout the life of the disc
- REVOLUTIONARY GRAIN DESIGN: 3M Precision-Shaped Grain technology cuts up to 2x as fast as conventional abrasives
- HEAVYWEIGHT BACKING: Strong C-weight paper backing supports aggressive sanding
- AVAILABLE IN A RANGE OF GRADES: Choose from grades between 80+ and 220+ to match your specific application
3M Xtract™ Cubitron™ II Paper Disc 732U features a 3M proprietary multi-hole pattern for improved dust extraction in finishing applications. Part of the 3M Xtract™ Series, designed for optimal dust removal. Its innovative multi-hole pattern extracts dust better than 5- or 6-hole products — increasing cut and dramatically increasing disc life. The design does not need to align with the disc pad holes, making switching the discs fast, easy, and convenient. Featuring ceramic 3M Precision-Shaped Grain, a revolutionary advancement in abrasive technology. The triangular shaped ceramic mineral is designed to slice through the substrate, rather than gouging or “plowing” like conventional abrasives, resulting in a disc that cuts up to 2x as fast as conventional abrasives.
These discs are ideal for a broad range of applications focused primarily on stock removal, and are effective on a wide variety of substrates, including metals, composites, gelcoat, and whitewood. The C-weight paper backing is well suited for sanding applications where edge retention is not a primary requirement. For best results, pair with 3M Xtract™ Random Orbital Sanders. Open coat construction means the abrasive grains are placed with space between them to help evacuate dust and other sanding debris and avoid clogging the cutting edge of the grains. The load-resistant coating allows the disc to continue cutting even when sanding softwoods, paints, and other materials that would, otherwise, clog the disc and hinder sanding ability. All of this adds up to increased productivity and reduced material consumption. Sandpaper discs cut better and last longer when dust isn't loading the cutting surface of the abrasives. Our proprietary multi-hole pattern on 3M Xtract™ products removes dust at a higher rate than 5- or 6-hole products. This hole design doesn't even require alignment of holes with the disc pad, making disc changes quick and simple. For maximum dust extraction, use this disc with a 3M Xtract™ Back-up pad and a random orbital sander with vacuum (both sold separately).