- Delivers exceptional peel and shear strength for metals and HSE plastics
- 58# polycoated kraft paper (PCK) liner offers a high strength bond for splicing and laminating applications
- Thicker adhesives improve wet-out and adhesion on textured surfaces
- Provides very high resistance to solvents and humidity
- 200MP acrylic adhesive is considered the industry standard for graphic attachment and general industrial joining applications
3M™ Adhesive Transfer Tape 468MP offers outstanding adhesion on metal and high surface energy plastics. 3M™ High Performance Acrylic Adhesive 200MP delivers excellent shear strength to resist slippage and edge lifting. Temporarily repositionable for placement accuracy, this tape also performs well after exposure to humidity and hot/cold temperatures.
Outstanding Adhesion on Metals and HSE Plastics
3M™ Adhesive Transfer Tape 468MP features a 5.2 mil adhesive for splicing and laminating procedures using metals and HSE plastics. The thicker caliper adds wet-out capability for surfaces where adhesion may be compromised by slight textures or irregularities. 3M™ High Performance Acrylic Adhesive 200MP is delivered on a 4.2 mil, 58 lb. polycoated kraft paper liner which is excellent for rotary processing of graphic and die cut parts. This adhesive transfer tape also resists solvents, humidity and moisture, as well as heat up to 400°F / 204°C for short periods.
- Bonding metal nameplates and rating plates
- Long term bonding of graphic nameplates and overlays (“subsurface” printed polycarbonate or polyester) specifically to textured metal and high surface energy plastics
- High speed processing of parts (medical components, durable labels, flexible circuits)
- Bonding graphic overlays for membrane switches and bonding complete switches to equipment surfaces
Featuring 3M™ High Performance Acrylic Adhesive 200MP
More than 30 years ago, 3M™ High Performance Acrylic Adhesive 200MP set the standard for bonding metal and high surface energy plastics. Today, this high-performance adhesive provides even higher levels of performance, with exceptional peel and shear strength for precision bonding. It offers excellent moisture and solvent resistance which enable it to form resilient, durable bonds that conform to a wide variety of applications. Once bonded, this adhesive will provide outstanding shear strength to resist edge lifting and slippage. 3M™ High Performance Acrylic Adhesive 200MP also offers excellent short-term heat resistance and will continue to perform at temperatures up to 400°F / 204°C.
Understanding Adhesive Transfer Tapes
Adhesive transfer tapes are rolls of pressure sensitive adhesive pre-applied to a special release liner. For application, the tape is simply pressed, adhesive side down, to a surface and the liner is peeled off. A variety of adhesive properties and liners are available to meet requirements for applications such as nameplate attachment to high and low surface energy plastics, appliance graphic overlays that perform in high temperatures, foam gasketing, web splicing, signs, posters, banners, point-of-purchase displays, and more.
Bringing Better Ideas to the Surface through Science
In our 3M Industrial Adhesives and Tapes Division, we apply the science of adhesion to deliver innovative solutions that improve the design and manufacturing processes of companies around the world. In the end, our technologies help customers like you deliver competitive products to the market faster and more efficiently.