- Excellent bond to low surface energy substrates including powder coatings and plastics such as polypropylene (PP)
- Doubled linered version of 3M™ Adhesive Transfer Tape 9453LE
- High adhesion to metals and high surface energy materials, making it suitable for bonding dissimilar substrates
- Adhesive provides excellent holding power and anti-lifting properties
- Good resistance to industrial chemicals, consumer chemicals, moisture and humidity
- Ideal solution for general purpose attachment and assemblies of a wide variety of materials
- Meets a wide variety of automotive and OEM specifications
Our 3M™ Adhesive Transfer Tape Double Linered 8153LE is a double-linered version of 3M™ Adhesive Transfer Tape 9453LE. Featuring 3M™ 300LSE acrylic adhesive, this tape has a long and proven history of reliably bonding a wide variety of similar and dissimilar materials such as metals, most plastics, glass, papers and painted surfaces.
Versatile, Double Linered Tape
For applications requiring premium performance and a moderate profile, use our versatile 3M™ Adhesive Transfer Tape Double Linered 8153LE. This 3.5 mil (0.09 mm) tape is a market leading solution for bonding plastics in a variety of applications across a broad spectrum of industries. It offers good chemical, humidity and moisture resistance, as well as performance across a wide temperature range (from -40ºF/-40ºC to 300ºF/148ºC). The bond strength increases as a function of time and temperature, and has very high initial adhesion. This tape is supplied with two liners. The primary liner is a printed 58 lb. polycoated kraft paper liner. The secondary liner is an 83 lb. polycoated kraft paper liner, making it ideal for countless die-cutting and converting applications and easy after-market installation processes. Part of the 3M™ High Strength Acrylic Adhesive 300LSE family, this tape is manufactured using a solventless manufacturing process. 3M™ Adhesive Transfer Tape Double Linered 8153LE meets UL 969 (reference file PGGU2.MH26206).
- Consumer electronic device assemblies such as phones, tablets and wearable devices
- Industrial electronic device assemblies such as workstations
- Plastic assembly bonding in a variety of industries
- Various assemblies in the automotive industry
- Application and assembly of components on appliances
- Medical equipment and device fabrication
- General industrial applications such as trim attachment
Excellent Adhesion to a Variety of Surfaces
3M™ High Strength Acrylic Adhesive 300LSE is an acrylic adhesive family designed to provide very high bond strength to most surfaces, including a wide variety of similar and dissimilar materials. This includes most plastics, metals, glass, papers and painted surfaces. It features good chemical, solvent, moisture and humidity resistance. This adhesive can perform at temperatures ranging up to 300°F/148°C.
What are Adhesive Transfer Tapes?
Adhesive transfer tapes are double sided tapes comprised of a uniform layer of pressure sensitive adhesive pre-applied to a special release liner. For application, the tape is simply pressed, adhesive face side down, to a surface and the liner is peeled off to expose the backside of the adhesive for attachment. These adhesives and liners are available in a variety of thicknesses to meet a broad selection of applications in numerous industries.
Reduce Harmful Processes
This 3M™ bonding tape is an example of a product that is produced via a solventless manufacturing process. Purchasing this tape instead of one created using a solvent-based manufacturing process can result in GHG emissions reductions that may be counted by your company, called Scope 3, Category 1 GHG reduction. Scope 3 emissions are all indirect emissions that occur in the value chain of the reporting company, including both upstream and downstream emissions.