- Shank of the mandrel is secured into the collet assembly or drill chuck of a rotary power tool
- Mandrel enables access to tight spaces with a cartridge roll
- Comes in various pilot diameters and lengths to fit different cartridge rolls
- Shank must match the size of the power tool collet or drill chuck
- Pilot diameter must match size of cartridge roll
3M™ Cartridge Roll Mandrel is a tool attachment that holds an abrasive cartridge roll (sold separately). Together, the mandrel and cartridge roll enable the user to grind or finish hard-to-reach areas of a workpiece, such as angles and curves. The mandrel attaches to a rotary tool such as a die grinder or drill, and comes in different sizes to fit a variety of cartridge roll sizes.
The shank of the mandrel must match the size of the power tool collet or drill chuck, and the pilot diameter must be compatible with the size of the cartridge roll.