- When paired with 3M™ Loop Fasteners, this reclosable fastener provides durability for thousands of openings and closures
- Woven nylon hook fastener provides great design flexibility and fast product assembly
- High performance rubber-based adhesive offers fast tack, very good shear strength and bonds to a variety of substrates, including plastics
- Alternative solution to zippers, screws, snaps and more
- Features good temperature resistance of 120°F (49°C)
- Best suited for indoor use
3M™ Hook Fastener SJ3526N is one part of a two-part fastener solution designed to provide great durability for thousands of closures. With its high performance rubber-based pressure sensitive adhesive backing, this fastener allows for easy and convenient attachment to a variety of substrates, including plastics.
3M™ Hook Fastener SJ3526N is our best in class rubber-based hook fastener with a 3 mil (0.08mm) polyethylene film liner featuring red 3M print. It is an attachment alternative to a wide variety of closures, including zippers, screws, snaps, hooks and more. This fastener is covered with flexible J-shaped hooks, about 300 hooks per square inch (46 hooks/square cm.), which protrude up from a woven backing. Commonly paired with 3M™ Loop Fastener SJ3527N, this hook fastener can also engage with other 3M™ Loop Fasteners. To ensure stability and flatness, both the hook and the corresponding loop are preshrunk.
- Securing fabric to furniture cushions
- Point of purchase display and signage
- Indoor general industrial applications
High Performance Rubber Adhesive
The backing of 3M™ Hook Fastener SJ3526N is coated with a high performance rubber-based pressure sensitive adhesive. This tacky adhesive bonds quickly to your substrate when pressure is applied. It features quick stick, short dwell time and very good shear strength. This adhesive is designed to function with indoor applications and is suited for application to many substrates, including plastics.
Secure, Repeated Closures
3M™ Hook and Loop Fasteners offer great design flexibility, fast product assembly, smooth and clean exterior surfaces and excellent product performance in many applications. 3M Hook and Loop Fasteners consist of hooks and loops which engage to form a quick fastening attachment. To disengage the attachment, simply pull the strips apart by hand.
The use of a pressure sensitive adhesive reduces or eliminates the need for sewing, solvent activation, dielectric or ultrasonic bonding or bulk adhesive bonding. Pressure sensitive adhesive products can be applied manually or automatically using a variety of equipment choices.
Bringing it All Together
3M™ Hook and Loop Fasteners provide the strong, tough attachment solutions you need. Simply press together and the tiny, stiff hooks mesh with pliable loops to create a quick, secure fastening system. Backed with a variety of 3M adhesive technologies, you can easily meet application demands that require thousands of easy opening and closings.