- Use 3M™ Wheel Adapter Kit to mount on 3M™ Inline Sander or 3M™ Match & Finish Tool
- Soft 25-durometer rubber helps to create a fine finish
- Radiused edges reduce transition lines
- Uses centrifugal force to grip the abrasive belt
- More consistent performance than pneumatic wheels
The 3M™ Rubber Slotted Expander Wheel utilizes centrifugal force to grip abrasive belts while grinding. Use this wheel on a 3M™ Inline Sander or 3M™ Match & Finish Tool. It comes in three diameters and two center hole diameters.
Soft Conformable Rubber, Radiused Edges
Our 3M™ Rubber Slotted Expander Wheel can be mounted on a 3M™ Inline Sander or 3M™ Match & Finish Tools using a 3M™ Wheel Adapter Kit. We designed this wheel with soft 25-durometer rubber to keep it conformable for applications like stainless steel finishing. Radiused edges reduce transition lines as the tool makes passes across the work surface.
Centrifugal Force Is More Secure
This wheel uses centrifugal force to grip the belt rather than conventional pneumatic wheels, or tires, which rely upon the amount of air pressure they are filled with. Centrifugal force is ultimately far more efficient and consistent.
In three diameters of 3, 3.4 or 5 inches, the smaller diameter tends to obtain a tighter grade pattern and gets into tighter spaces.
Our 3M™ Rubber Slotted Expander Wheel is ideal for finishing stainless steel when mounted to a 3M™ Inline Sander or 3M™ Match & Finish Tool. Having mounted the expander wheel to the sander using the 3M™ Wheel Adapter, follow a 2-step process for finishing stainless steel, either with or without a weld:
- The coated abrasive belt 777F, 120 grit, can be used to set the grain and remove defects using the 3M™ Inline Sander (28339) at 3,500 rpm.
- Use our Scotch-Brite™ Surface Conditioning Belt, A Med, to blend the surface to a #4 finish.