- Instant adhesion to a wide variety of surfaces, including metal, glass, plastic and sealed concrete, by an aggressive natural rubber adhesive
- Woven cloth scrim allows tape to tear easily by hand
- Conformable backing is good for use on contoured surfaces
- Good tensile strength for light duty bundling, repair and holding
- Available in silver and black
Constructed of polyethylene film laminated to cloth with a natural rubber adhesive, this aggressive tape resists curling and tears off the roll cleanly even when used in challenging jobs. 3M™ All Purpose Duct Tape DT8 is designed to provide a versatile, conformable, quick-stick solution for demanding applications.
A Tape with Instant Bond
Originally developed for heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) applications, duct tape is used today in a variety of maintenance, repair and construction settings. 3M™ All Purpose Duct Tape DT8 offers high instant adhesion coupled with maximum conformability, making it an ideal tape for contoured surfaces. It can be applied in temperatures as low as 40°F and used in temperatures as high as 150°F for up to 30 minutes. This is the most stretchable 3M duct tape and bonds firmly to a number of substrates – including plastic, glass and sealed concrete. (For applications requiring greater strength, please see 3M™ Heavy Duty Duct Tape DT11.)
- Bundling (light duty)
- Taping / splicing insulation
- Capping pipe
- Securing conduit ends
- Temporary repair
- Hanging poly (polyethylene drapes)
Built to Stick
3M’s family of rugged cloth and duct tapes adheres to most surfaces for applications ranging from bundling to moisture proofing, sealing to splicing, reinforcing to hanging poly drapes. Available in a variety of thicknesses and strengths, these tapes are known best for their hand tearability, high tensile strength and conformability.