- Aggressive, synthetic rubber adhesive provides instant adhesion to a wide variety of surfaces, including metal, glass, plastic and sealed concrete
- Tears easily by hand and provides ease of application and handling
- Conformable backing allows for performance in a variety of surface applications
- Tightly woven scrim provides high tensile strength, which is ideal for bundling applications
- Consistent unwind improves handling in a variety of applications
- Available in silver
Constructed of polyethylene film laminated to cloth with a synthetic rubber adhesive, this aggressive tape resists curling and tears off the roll cleanly even when used in challenging jobs. 3M™ All Purpose Duct Tape DT8 is designed to provide a versatile, conformable, quick stick solution for demanding applications.
A Tape with Instant Bond
Due to its unique design, 3M™ All Purpose Duct Tape DT8 offers high instant adhesion coupled with maximum conformability, making it an ideal tape for dealing with contoured surfaces. It can be applied in temperatures as low as 40°F and used in temperatures as high as 130°F for up to 30 minutes.
3M™ All Purpose Duct Tape DT8 is available exclusively in silver. It is the most stretchable of 3M's duct tapes and bonds firmly to a number of substrates — including plastic, glass and sealed concrete.
- Taping/splicing insulation
- Capping pipe
- Securing conduit ends
- Temporary repair
- Hanging polyethylene drapes
- Protecting against light sandblast overspray
Built to Stick
3M's family of rugged cloth and duct tapes adheres to most surfaces for applications ranging from bundling to moisture proofing, sealing to splicing, reinforcing to hanging poly drapes. Available in a variety of thicknesses and strengths, these tapes are known best for their hand tearability, high tensile strength and conformability.
Click here for more information on 3M's DT Series Duct Tapes (PDF, 11.48 Mb)