- Thermally conductive tape helps dissipate heat and improves heating and cooling efficiency to protect temperature sensitive materials
- Resistant to chemicals to protect surfaces during de-paint process and other chemical masking operations
- Highly engineered acrylic adhesive provides long term durability, but removes cleanly after harsh masking applications
- Withstands exposure to flame, weathering, moisture and UV
- Heat and light reflective tape protects surfaces and enhances lighting efficiency
- Dead soft aluminum foil backing conforms to curved and uneven surfaces
- Recognized by UL to UL 746C and Classified by UL to UL 723, Class "L" for low flammability rating
Our 3M™ Aluminum Foil Tape 425 is the go-to foil tape for numerous applications across a broad range of industries. Comprised of a dead soft aluminum foil backing and coated with a highly engineered pressure sensitive acrylic adhesive, it is ideal for heat shielding, heat reflecting, chemical masking, light enhancement, chemical milling, seaming, sealing and de-paint operations.
High thermal conductivity enhances heating or cooling efficiency
Withstands Exposure to High Heat and Humidity
Consisting of a dead soft, thermally conductive aluminum backing, 3M™ Aluminum Foil Tape 425 (PDF, 1.66 Mb) dissipates heat over the surface of the tape to reduce hot spots and protect the substrate from the effects of high temperatures. Coated with our highly engineered acrylic adhesive, it is capable of withstanding exposure to high heat (up to 300°F/149°C) and humidity while maintaining a strong and reliable bond. This tape can withstand a variety of moisture, weathering, UV and solvents in order to provide an excellent work life, indoors or out.
- Heat shielding of delicate parts
- Heat reflecting
- Masking in chemical paint stripping applications
- Moisture barrier
- Light reflecting for light enhancement
- Chemical milling
- Seaming and sealing
- Refrigerator and freezer coil attachment
- Splicing of thin gauge foils
- Plastic protection
3M™ Aluminum Foil Tape 425 is UL Recognized to UL 746C (File E 122798) and Classified by UL to UL 723 "L" for low flammability rating (File R 7311). It can be certified to meet SAE-AMS-T-23397 and L-T-80C and meets F.A.R 25.853(a). Temperature use range is from -65° to 300°F (-54° to 149°C).
Compare Premium Foil solutions (PDF, 388.2 Kb)