- BONDS A VARIETY OF SUBSTRATES: Bonds metal, various plastics, ceramics, stone and dissimilar surfaces where coefficients of thermal expansion are a consideration
- MULTIPLE APPLICATIONS AND MARKETS: Can be used in joining, gluing and structural bonding in appliance, general industrial, transportation and signage segments, as well as a host of other applications
- ENHANCED VIBRATION RESISTANCE: Flexible when cured, this epoxy is excellent for bonding dissimilar surfaces where resistance to flexing, vibration and other stresses is needed
- THERMAL EXPANSION TOLERANT: Maintains a strong bond under expansion, contraction and limited movement
- CONTROLLED FLOW: Medium viscosity helps minimize running, dripping and migration
- QUICK SET TIME: Features a 25 minute working time, reaching handling strength in approximately 150 minutes at room temperature
- CERTIFICATIONS: DP125 is UL 94 HB Certified
- FREE TO USE: Try the new 3M™ Scotch-Weld™ Digital Dispensing Assistant and experience shorter machine setup time with a free new automation tool for time-pressure systems
3M™ Scotch-Weld Epoxy Adhesive DP125 Gray is a low odor, two-part epoxy that creates strong structural and flexible bonds on metal, ceramics, wood and many plastics. It provides the reliability and strength you need to maintain productive, cost effective results.
When using a Duo-Pak (DP) size adhesive, rely on 3M dispensing equipment for convenient and accurate metering, mixing and dispensing.
Flexible for Higher Peel Strength and Better Vibration Resistance
Our 3M™ Scotch-Weld™ Epoxy Adhesive DP125 Gray is a versatile, medium viscosity, epoxy adhesive that pours easily with minimal dripping, running and migration that will flow smoothly for a controlled, accurate dispensing. Its flexibility makes it ideal for applications involving dissimilar surfaces, where coefficients of thermal expansion are a consideration, for example when bonding glass to metals.
- General attachment applications in a variety of industries
- Replace 5 minute epoxy for improved performance and more positioning time
25 Minute Work Life with Handling Strength in Approximately 150 Minutes
The 1:1 mix ratio for our 3M™ Scotch-Weld™ Epoxy Adhesive DP125 Gray is ideal with bulk mixing and with a 25-minute work life there's some opportunity for repositioning to keep projects on track. The adhesive reaches handling strength in approximately 150 minutes and is fully cured in 7 days (at 72°F/22°C).
Understanding Epoxy Adhesives
Epoxy adhesives are part of the class of adhesives called "structural adhesives," which include polyurethane, acrylic, cyanoacrylate and others. Epoxies are formulated as liquid reactive polymers that undergo a chemical reaction when mixed and then cure to form a solid plastic material. Once the two parts are mixed in their specified ratio, they begin the curing process and offer a limited working time where the adhesive can be applied and the two surfaces positioned as needed. This work life lasts anywhere from a few minutes to several hours. These structural adhesives provide high shear and peel strengths, depending on the formula, and better heat and chemical resistance than other common adhesives. In general, epoxy adhesives have the highest overall strength and offer the best performance and most resistance to high temperatures, solvents and outdoor weathering.
Epoxy adhesive (often referred to as epoxy glue) is widely used in building and home construction; aircraft and automobile manufacturing; bicycle, boat, golf clubs, ski and snowboard assembly as well as a host of home use and other applications. It is used virtually anywhere high-strength bonds are needed along with resistance to environmental conditions. These adhesives are popular for their ease of use, mechanical strength and chemical resistance. Formulations can be created to make epoxy for plastic flexible or epoxy for metal rigid, epoxy resin transparent or opaque, quick setting or slow setting. The versatility with which these adhesives can be formulated helps meet almost any requirement for bonding wood, metal, glass, stone and various plastics.
Compatible Applicators: 9170 Manual Applicator
Compatible Nozzles: Green Nozzles