- Ideal choice for bonding dissimilar substrates
- Non-sagging after dispensing so adhesive stays where placed
- Low temperature flexibility and low shrinkage
- Long open time provides ample opportunity to position and adjust work
3M™ Scotch-Weld™ Urethane Adhesive DP620NS is a flexible, two-part polyurethane based structural adhesive that performs well in numerous applications where some flexibility is needed. It effectively bonds to many substrates such as composites, metals, wood, and many plastics and rubbers, ceramics and glass (may require primer for durability).
When using a Duo-Pak (DP) size adhesive, rely on 3M dispensing equipment for convenient and accurate metering, mixing and dispensing.
Flexible Adhesive Delivers Tough Bonds
As compared to one part sealants, 3M™ Scotch-Weld™ Urethane Adhesive DP620NS is fast-curing, establishes tough bonds and offers low-temperature flexibility. It dispenses as a non-sag paste for accurate and precise handling during application. This adhesive can be used for bonding dissimilar substrates, such as concrete, ceramic, wood, plastic, rubber and metal. With a 1:1 mix ratio, this urethane adhesive has a 20 minute work life, reaches handing strength in 4 hours and full cure in 48 hours.
- Bonding composite panels to frames for transportation applications
- Bonding wood, metal or composite door frames to wood or other surfaces
- Bonding wood paneling to wood or plaster
- Sealing fabric water hoses
- Encapsulating for tamper proofing
- Flexible plastic or composite bonding
Understanding Urethane Adhesives
Two part urethane adhesives cure chemically, rather than relying on moisture from the air. Because of this, they can cure quickly with no depth of cure issues in contrast to one-part urethane adhesive sealants. Urethane adhesives will bond most common materials such as wood, metals, rubbers, leather, tile and glass, many plastics, concrete and more.
The versatility of urethane adhesives is exhibited in the different formulations that have varying cured properties such as different levels of stiffness or flexibility, open time and cure speed, and hardness. They can cure to a relatively rigid or highly flexible state to meet a wide range of requirements. In either finished state, urethane adhesives will maintain bond strength integrity through variable environmental factors such as temperature, moisture and chemical exposure.
Compatible Applicators: 9170 Manual Applicator & 9781 Pneumatic Applicator
Compatible Nozzles: Green Nozzles