- VERSATILE APPLICATIONS: Bonds a variety of substrates, including metal, plastics, glass, and more
- FOR A VARIETY OF INDUSTRIES: Ideal for the construction, general aerospace, transportation, and specialty vehicle industries
- AGGRESSIVE BOND: Provides a secure bond in challenging conditions such as environmental elements
- EXTREME-TEMPERATURE USE: Ideal for bonding metals and other substrates within a temperature range of -67 °F to 250 °F (-55 °C to 121 °C)
- AMPLE TIME FOR REWORK: This product allows for rework until heat is applied
- FAST HEAT CURING: Fully cured in 40 minutes at 250 °F (121 °C)
- FLAMMABILITY TESTING: Meets the standard for UL 94 HB
- COLOR: Gray
3M™ Scotch-Weld™ Epoxy Adhesive 2214 Regular is designed to provide high strength, higher temperature resistance and smooth bond lines. One part, 250°F (121°C) curing, 100% solids, these high performance adhesives are designed for bonding metals and many high temperature plastics such as fiberglass reinforced plastic, polyester and phenolics.
Pliable Paste Consistency Goes Where Needed with No Sagging
3M™ Scotch-Weld™ Epoxy Adhesive 2214 Regular is an aluminum-filled general purpose product for use in applications where high strength bonds are needed in a temperature range of -67°F to 250°F (-53°C to 121°C). 3M™ Scotch-Weld&trade
- Bonding metals especially when high temperature strength is required
Understanding One-Part Epoxy Adhesives
Epoxy adhesives are part of the class of adhesives called structural adhesives, which include polyurethane, acrylic, cyanoacrylate and other adhesive families. While most epoxies are two-part formulations that undergo a chemical reaction when mixed, there are also one-part epoxy adhesives in which the chemical reaction begins when they are subjected to high temperatures for specified periods. These one-part formulations do not require measuring or mixing and can generally be reworked until heat is applied. They also exhibit higher temperature resistance than two-part epoxy adhesives.
Epoxy adhesive (often referred to as epoxy glue) is widely used in building and home construction; aircraft and automobile manufacturing; bicycle, boat, golf clubs, ski and snowboard assembly as well as a host of home use and other applications. It is used virtually anywhere high-strength bonds are needed along with resistance to environmental conditions. These adhesives are popular for their ease of use, mechanical strength and chemical resistance. Formulations can be created to make epoxy for plastic flexible or epoxy for metal rigid, epoxy resin transparent or opaque, quick setting or slow setting. The versatility with which these adhesives can be formulated helps meet almost any requirement for bonding wood, metal, glass, stone and various plastics.
This product must be shipped in dry ice and will be shipped F.O.B, Springfield, MO. CANNOT SHIP AIR. All orders will have transportation charges and dry ice charges. Minimum charge for dry ice will be $130. Minimum transport charges will be $100. This amount will be added to your order before the items are shipped. The charges will not appear on your initial invoice. Please call 1-800-249-3333 for additional details.
PLEASE NOTE: THIS ITEM CANNOT BE RETURNED. ALL SALES ARE FINAL.