- BONDS A VARIETY OF SUBSTRATES: Bonds metals, ceramics, glass, many composites and plastics
- MULTIPLE APPLICATIONS AND INDUSTRIES: Can be used in joining, gluing, potting, panel bonding and structural bonding in sporting goods, metalworking, general industrial and transportation segments
- TWO-PART, RIGID EPOXY: High static load holding and high shear strength helps ensure lasting bonds
- FOR THE MOST CHALLENGING APPLICATIONS: Toughened for impact and fatigue resistance
- AMPLE OPPORTUNITY FOR REPOSITIONING: A 20 minute work life provides time for adjustment
- FOR DEMANDING JOBS: This adhesive cures at room temperature, making it beneficial for heat-sensitive parts and a convenient, easy-to-use solution
- RAPIDLY CURES WITH APPLIED HEAT: May be accelerated by heat to cure faster
- CERTIFICATIONS: DP420 is UL 94 HB Certified
3M™ Scotch-Weld™ Epoxy Adhesive DP420 Off-White is a toughened, two-part epoxy structural adhesive that provides good strength along with high impact and fatigue resistance to meet demanding bonding challenges. 3M™ Scotch-Weld Epoxy Adhesive DP420 Off-White can replace mechanical fasteners, screws, rivets and spot welds in many applications.
When using a Duo-Pak (DP) size adhesive, rely on 3M dispensing equipment for convenient and accurate metering, mixing and dispensing.
High Peel and Shear Strength Maintains Lasting Bond at High and Low Temperatures
3M™ Scotch-Weld™ Epoxy Adhesive DP420 Off-White maintains bond strength at high and low temperatures and can withstand paint bake operations up to 400°F for 60 minutes. It works well on a variety of substrates such as metals, ceramics, wood, glass, many composites and plastics, and is an excellent indoor bonding agent for joining, gluing, potting, panel bonding, and structural bonding. 3M™ Scotch-Weld™ Epoxy Adhesive DP420 Off-White Off-White meets the requirements for UL 94 HB.
- Small joint assembly
- Heavy-duty mounting assembly
- Carbon fiber epoxy bonding
20 Minute Work Life Provides Time for Positioning and Adjustment
3M™ Scotch-Weld™ Epoxy Adhesive DP420 Off-White reaches handling strength in approximately two hours and is fully cured in 24 hours (at 72°F/22°C.) The mix ratio is 2:1 and provides a 20 minute work life, providing time to adjust for desired fit prior to curing. This adhesive is available in a variety of package sizes and can be dispensed in several ways to meet the demands of the user and the job.
Toughened for Impact and Fatigue Resistance
3M™ Scotch-Weld™ Epoxy Adhesive DP420 Off-White is appropriate for applications that will face tough environmental challenges. Formulated to provide strong adhesion for the long-term, this resilient epoxy is another way 3M applies their expertise to meet and exceed the demands of even the toughest applications.
What are Epoxy Adhesives?
Epoxy adhesives are part of the class of adhesives called "structural adhesives," which also includes polyurethane, acrylic, cyanoacrylate and others. Epoxies are formulated as liquid reactive polymers that undergo a chemical reaction when mixed and then cure to form a solid plastic material. Once the two parts are mixed in their specified ratio, they begin the curing process and offer a limited work life (open time) where the adhesive can be applied and the two surfaces positioned as needed. This work life lasts anywhere from a few minutes to several hours. These structural adhesives provide high shear and peel strengths, depending on the formula, and better heat and chemical resistance than other common adhesives. In general, epoxy adhesives have the highest overall strength and offer the best performance and most resistance to high temperatures, solvents and outdoor weathering.
Compatible Applicators: Manual Applicator
Compatible Nozzles: White Nozzles