- FOR INDUSTRIAL USE ONLY: This product is designed exclusively for industrial applications
- GENERAL PURPOSE: Made from 100% solids
- ADHERE MANY TYPES OF SUBSTRATES: Bonds wood, natural grown fibers (like cotton), corrugated board, fabric, paperboard, and other lightweight materials used in general industrial and the novelties markets
- FINE-TUNE YOUR WORK: 50 seconds of working time allows for adjustment and positioning
- MADE FOR A WIDE RANGE OF APPLICATIONS: Ideal for POP displays, carton sealing, furniture, upholstery, and woodworking
- USE WITH 3M APPLICATORS: Created for use with a compatible 3M Hot Melt Applicator
3M™ Hot Melt Adhesive 3792 is a clear, multipurpose adhesive for effectively bonding wood, lightweight metals and some plastics in furniture, upholstery and woodworking applications.
Open Bond Time Allows for Fit Adjustment and Positioning
3M™ Hot Melt Adhesive 3792 features a 50 second open time that allows for positioning and adjustment on wood, polypropylene, corrugated boxes and lightweight substrates. Its nearly instant bonding property reduces production time for POP assembly, joining, attaching, securing, repairing, potting, panel bonding, wire tacking, bundling, sealing, encapsulating, rigidizing, foam bonding, and packaging. For use with a 3M™ Hot Melt Applicator.
- Sound damping
- Furniture manufacturing
- POP displays
- General industrial
Understanding Hot Melt Adhesives
Hot melt adhesives, also known as glue sticks, are liquefied thermoplastic adhesives available in both low and high-temperature versions. Low temperature hot melt adhesives are applied at 250ºF / 121ºC temperatures, which makes them ideal for bonding electronics, plastics, cloth and other heat sensitive materials. High temperature hot melt adhesives are applied at 380ºF / 193ºC and produce a stronger bond than the low temperature hot melts.
Melted adhesive is extruded through a nozzle using a 3M Hot Melt Applicator by either pneumatic pressure, a mechanical trigger mechanism, or with pressure applied directly on the stick. Different nozzles can be used to apply thin, wide strips or narrow, thicker beads. Hot melt adhesive generally sets quickly, ranging from a few seconds to a few minutes, depending on the adhesive formulation.
Bringing Better Ideas to the Surface through Science and Innovation
In our 3M Industrial Adhesives and Tapes Division, we apply the science of adhesion to deliver innovative solutions that improve the design and manufacturing processes of companies around the world. In the end, our technologies help customers like you deliver competitive products to the market faster and more efficiently.