- FOR INDUSTRIAL USE ONLY: This product is designed exclusively for industrial applications
- HIGH-PERFORMANCE ADHESION: Intended to bond gaskets
- HIGH-STRENGTH: Provides strong bonds with 15 minutes of working time
- WORKS WITH MANY MATERIALS: Adheres neoprene, nitrile rubber (BUNA), SBR, and butyl rubbers to metal, wood, and numerous plastics
- MADE FOR CHALLENGING CONDITIONS: Delivers excellent moisture and heat resistance, performing up to 250 °F (121 °C)
- TEMPERATURE-ACTIVATED BENEFITS: Optional heat curing increases bond strength
3M™ Nitrile High Performance Rubber and Gasket Adhesive 847 is a versatile, solvent based, high performance adhesive with comparatively low viscosity for easy application. It offers both good oil resistance and good heat resistance, and is commonly used for bonding most rubber and gasket materials.
A Versatile Rubber and Gasket Adhesive
3M™ Nitrile High Performance Rubber and Gasket Adhesive 847 is one of our most versatile solvent-based adhesives for rubber and gaskets. This adhesive bonds neoprene, reclaimed, nitrile rubber (BUNA), SBR and butyl rubbers to metal, wood and numerous plastics. It provides excellent heat and water resistance, performing in temperatures up to 300°F/148°C. 3M™ Nitrile High Performance Rubber and Gasket Adhesive 847 dries quickly and offers an open bonding range of up to 15 minutes, allowing time for positioning and adjustments without slowing down work processes.
- Gasket bonding
- Bonding fuel lines, fuel tanks and panels exposed to oil
- Attaching rubber to various substrates (should not be applied to EPDM or TPO)
- Patching rubber
- Leather repair
A High Performance Adhesive for Harsh Environments
In extreme conditions, where other adhesives are likely to fail, 3M™ Nitrile High Performance Rubber and Gasket Adhesive 847 has proven to be the go-to adhesive solution. This adhesive’s capability to form strong, flexible bonds quickly make it an optimal choice in harsh environments. Additionally, its medium viscosity allows for easy handling in brush or flow applications. As always, 3M continually strives to provide the greatest solutions for the continual refinement of projects in the workplace.
Applying Your Adhesive
Whether it is being sprayed, brushed or rolled on, the application of your 3M adhesive is a straightforward process. Start by carefully applying your adhesive to your surface until you’ve formed a uniform coat. Using an overlapping pattern, the application of one coat should prove sufficient for most surfaces. Effective adhesive coverage is accomplished when 80% or more of the surface is covered. Some substrates, including porous materials, may require an additional coat. In order to apply additional adhesive, simply wait until the existing adhesive becomes dry to the touch, and then proceed with the application of the additional coat.