- EXCEPTIONAL PERFORMANCE ON DIFFICULT SUBSTRATES: Offers instant strength when bonding plastics, silicone rubber, and EPDM as well as heavily plasticized PVC, EPDM, ABS, Nylon, Santoprene and Fluorocarbon
- POTENTIAL APPLICATIONS: Gasket attachment, small joint assembly, jewelry assembly, sporting goods, and electronics
- LOW VISCOSITY: Easily applied from the bottle for thin bond lines and precise application
- HIGH OVERLAP SHEAR STRENGTH OVER: Instant fixturing; strong, durable, and long-lasting bonds on a variety of substrates once fully cured
- FAST TIME TO HANDLING STRENGTH: Handling strength in under 20 seconds, with a full cure achieved in 24 hours
- DISPENSED FROM A FLEXIBLE CONTAINER: Pinch for a precise drop or squeeze for a steady bead
3M™ Scotch-Weld™ Plastic & Rubber Instant Adhesive PR100 is a low viscosity instant adhesive. Our PR100 instant adhesive is formulated to give exceptional performance on difficult-to-bond substrates, such as EPDM, nylon, polypropylene and polyethylene with use of an appropriate primer. Once applied, the glue has fast handling time and cure to keep jobs moving quickly.
Pinch for a Precise Drop or Squeeze for a Steady Bead
Our 3M™ Scotch-Weld™ Plastic & Rubber Instant Adhesive PR100 is a glue that is easily applied with a thin bond line from a squeeze bottle and cures quickly. This cyanoacrylate adhesive is dispensed from a flexible container; pinch a precise drop or squeeze for a steady bead.
- Gasket attachment
- Small Joint assembly
- Jewelry assembly
- Orthopedics and footwear
Creates a Strong, Durable, Long-Lasting Bond
Once applied, our 3M™ Scotch-Weld™ Plastic & Rubber Instant Adhesive PR100 typically reaches handling strength in under 20 seconds, with a full cure achieved in 24 hours. This keeps jobs moving quickly and may help improve workplace productivity. Once a full cure is achieved, the glue achieves a strong, durable and lasting bond, with overlap shear strength over 2,000 psi.
Understanding Instant Adhesives
Instant adhesives are cyanoacrylate based formulas that are strong, fast-acting glues used in industrial and household applications. In general, they are an acrylic resin that rapidly polymerizes in the presence of moisture, forming long, strong chains, joining the bonded surfaces together.
Cyanoacrylate adhesives should be applied thinly, with pressure put on the bond for a few seconds, to ensure that the reaction proceeds rapidly and a strong bond is formed within a reasonable time.
3M instant adhesives apply right from the container and rapidly reach handling strength at room temperature. Commonly referred to as a super glue, a single drop per square inch can bond many plastics, rubbers, metals, wood and more. Our 3M™ Scotch-Weld™ Plastic & Rubber Instant Adhesive PR100 set a Guinness World Record in 2012 for the strongest glue by lifting an 8.1 metric ton forklift in the air for one hour.
Bringing Better Ideas to the Surface through Science and Innovation
In our 3M Industrial Adhesives and Tapes Division, we apply the science of adhesion to deliver innovative solutions that improve the design and manufacturing processes of companies around the world. In the end, our technologies help customers like you deliver competitive products to the market faster and more efficiently.