* Due to a raw materials shortage, some product lead times may be extended. Please contacts us for info about other available options *
- INSTANTLY PROTECT SURFACES: Translucent, abrasion resistant backing protects surfaces from wear
- VERY LOW-FRICTION: Low coefficient of friction creates a 'slip plane' effect between surfaces
- POWERFUL ADHESIVE: Rubber adhesive creates instant adhesion on countless surfaces
- REDUCE UNWANTED NOISE: Can help reduce buzz, squeaks, rattles, and other noises that occur with movement
- MAKE DIFFICULT SURFACES SLIPPERY: Great in applications where lubrication is not possible because of contamination
- BUILT-IN LINER: The peel-off liner makes it ideal for fabricating or die-cutting into various part-specific lengths, shapes, and sizes
- POTENTIAL APPLICATIONS: Flat conveyor guide rails and chutes, spray booth liners, tank and bin liners, drawer and cabinet slides, protecting aluminum sheets on stretch forming presses
Used to protect surfaces from abrasion, 3M™ UHMW-PE Film Tape 5423 is a thick caliper general purpose polyethylene tape that creates a "slip plane" effect to allow contact without wear. This tape features a unique combination of properties that make it ideal for many tough impact wear or sliding applications.
An Effective Solution for Many Noise and Vibration Problems
3M™ UHMW-PE Film Tape 5423 is often used in general industrial applications to help control squeaks and rattles due to vibration or wear of metal and plastic materials. This UHMW-PE (ultra-high molecular weight polyethylene) film tape provides good chemical resistance and excellent abrasion resistance that helps ensure a long wear life. 3M™ UHMW-PE Film Tape 5423 is mounted on a liner, making it easy to die-cut to meet the demands of specific applications. It is ideal for applications requiring a low coefficient of friction and the movement of parts and/or materials. This slick surface tape is primarily used in aerospace, automotive, printing and MRO industries.
- Flat conveyor guide rails and chutes
- Spray booth liners
- Tank and bin liners
- Drawer and cabinet slides
- Protecting aluminum sheets on stretch forming presses
The Science Behind Our Tape
The effectiveness of 3M™ UHMW-PE Film Tape 5423 lies in its Ultra-High Molecular Weight polyethylene (UHMW-PE) backing. UHMW-PE is a thermoplastic that has a unique combination of properties, such as exceptional hardness and low surface energy. The ultra-high molecular weight of this tape significantly reduces friction to create an effective solution for anti-stick and easy-release requirements. The abrasion resistance of UHMW-PE is greater than PTFE and increases as the molecular weight increases.
The extraordinary durability and versatility of UHMW-PE is used by designers and engineers in many industries worldwide. UHMW-PE based products offer a host of exceptional attributes that include high abrasion resistance, low coefficient of friction and one of the highest impact strength ratings of any thermoplastic. These attributes make them ideal for tough impact wear or sliding applications. The low coefficient of friction characteristic is surpassed only by PTFE; however, UHMW-PE tape has superior abrasion resistance. Our exceptional science and engineering of products provide long-lasting performance and successful solutions.