- Fast and easy-to-use permanent bonding method provides high strength and long-term durability
- Excellent high temperature (short term 450°F) resistance allows for bonding prior to powder coat or liquid painting processes
- Can replace mechanical fasteners (rivets, welding, screws) or liquid adhesives
- Gray, 0.062” (1.6 mm), acrylic adhesive with a conformable, acrylic foam core.
- Eliminate drilling, grinding, refinishing, screwing, welding and clean-up
- Virtually invisible fastening helps keep surfaces smooth; no unsightly rivet heads or weld marks
- Closed-cell construction allows bonding and sealing
- Pressure sensitive adhesive bonds on contact to provide immediate handling strength
- Allows the use of thinner, lighter weight and dissimilar materials
3M™ VHB™ Tape GPH-160 is a permanent bonding solution that can replace traditional mechanical fasteners and liquid adhesives in challenging, high temperature applications. Its acrylic foam core provides a good balance of strength and conformability. 3M™ VHB™ Tape GPH-160 has excellent temperature resistance, ideal for powder coat or liquid paint processes which undergo a heat bake cycle.
Convenience Meets Extreme Bonding Power
Our 3M™ VHB™ Tape GPH-160 consists of a durable acrylic adhesive with viscoelastic properties. This provides an extraordinarily strong double sided foam tape that adheres to a broad range of substrates, including aluminum, stainless steel, galvanized steel, composites, plastics, acrylic, polycarbonate and painted or sealed wood and concrete. Our bonding tapes provide excellent shear strength, conformability, surface adhesion and temperature resistance. They are commonly used in applications across a variety of markets including transportation, appliance, electronics, construction, sign and display and general industrial. Reliably bonds a variety of materials with strength and speed for permanent applications.
- Assembly of components before powder coat or liquid paint processes
- High operating temperature applications
- Stiffener to panel
- Panel to frame
- Decorative material and trim
When The Heat Is On, Stay Strong
Our 3M™ VHB™ Tape GPH family’s high temperature resistance (short term 450°F) allows it to be bonded prior to powder coat or liquid painting processes. This reduces the number of “touches,” leading to a more streamlined manufacturing process. The GPH family offers the speed and ease assembly found in 3M™ VHB™ Tape, even in applications involving high operating temperatures (long term resistance 300°F).
An Unconventional Foam Tape
We invented 3M™ VHB™ Tapes in 1980 as the first of their kind. These unique tapes combine conformability with a s