- BUILT FOR VERSATILITY: Covers a wide range of applications, including finishing, sanding, surface preparation and grinding
- DESIGNED FOR CLEAN SANDING: 3M Xtract™ proprietary multi-hole pattern provides superior dust extraction to prevent loading, increase productivity and provide a cleaner work environment
- WORKS WELL ON MANY SURFACES: Suitable for use on aluminum, carbon steel, composites, wood, fiberglass, gelcoat, paint and glass
- QUICK AND EASY DISC CHANGES: 3M™ Hookit™ attachment system allows for easy disc changes and helps optimize disc life
- OPEN COAT CONSTRUCTION: Open coat construction and load-resistant coating prevent clogging to optimize cut throughout the life of the disc
- TOUGH MINERAL: Aluminum oxide mineral is durable, cuts fast and performs well on many surfaces
- HEAVYWEIGHT BACKING: Strong C-weight paper backing supports aggressive sanding
- AVAILABLE IN A RANGE OF GRADES: Choose from grades between P80 and P500 to match your specific application
3M Xtract™ Paper Disc 236U features a 3M proprietary multi-hole pattern for improved dust extraction in finishing applications. Part of the 3M Xtract™ Series, designed for optimal dust removal. The innovative multi-hole pattern extracts dust better than 5- or 6-hole products — increasing cut and dramatically increasing disc life. The design does not need to align with the disc pad holes, making switching the discs fast, easy and convenient. Advanced Series Abrasives from 3M are designed to deliver an unbeatable combination of performance and value. Open coat construction and a load-resistant coating further prevent clogging.
3M Xtract™ Paper Disc 236U is excellent for blending and finishing on aluminum and carbon steel, as well as woodworking applications for heavy and medium stock removal and finishing on hardwoods, softwoods, and composites. Our clean sanding discs also work well on primer, paint, sealers, topcoats, fiberglass, and plastics. The strong, C-weight paper backing on our 3M Xtract™ Paper Disc 236U supports aggressive sanding and minimizes edge wear. An open coat means the abrasive grains have space between them so that dust escapes through the spaces rather than loading the cutting edge of the grains. The load resistant coating allows the disc to continue cutting even when sanding softwoods, paints, and other materials that would, otherwise, clog the disc and hinder sanding ability. Sandpaper discs cut better and last longer when dust isn't loading the cutting surface of the abrasives. Reducing dust is easier than ever with 3M Xtract™ Discs, designed for optimal dust removal. For maximum dust extraction, use this disc with a 3M Xtract™ Back-up pad and a random orbital sander with vacuum (both sold separately). Our proprietary multi-hole pattern on 3M Xtract™ products removes dust at a higher rate than 5- or 6-hole products.Our proprietary multi-hole pattern evacuates dust from the disc at a high rate. This hole design doesn't even require alignment of holes with the disc pad (which is attached to a random orbital sander and sold separately), making disc changes quick and simple. The 3M™ Hookit™ attachment system uses a hook and loop design that makes disc changes fast and easy. All of this adds up to improved productivity and reduced material consumption.