- Ultra-high peel strength and excellent shear strength to withstand rigorous splicing applications
- High tack for flying splices
- Bonds well to most substrates, including low surface energy films
- Excellent UV and heat resistance withstands a variety of conditions
- Conformable to bond to irregular surfaces
- Double sided adhesion increases dimensional stability for easy handling
- Red option available for visible splicing applications
3M™ Double Coated Tape 9741 is a clear polyester film tape with a super aggressive, pressure sensitive acrylic adhesive and a glassine release liner. This tape uses a hand-tearable polyester film that is coated on both sides with a heavy layer of adhesive to allow for superior bonding and conformability to irregular as well as flat surfaces.
Thick and Versatile
3M™ Double Coated Tape 9741 is a 6.5 mil double-sided tape utilizing a 0.5 mil hand-tearable polyester film carrier lined on both sides with acrylic adhesive. It has a high coat weight and adheres well to low surface energy substrates. This product provides excellent UV and heat resistance, and can perform under a wide temperature range (-40°F/-40°C to 200°F/93°C). Once bonded, this tape provides excellent peel and shear strength - making it ideal for rigorous splicing applications and bonding plastics to metals. 3M™ Double Coated Tape 9741 is mounted on a 55# glassine backing to enable ease of deployment. Notably, this product is offered in two colors – clear and red. The red version can be used for visible splicing applications.
- High speed splicing applications
- Applications where adhesion to low surface energy substrates is needed
- Bonding decorative trim, plastics and metal profile extrusions
- Attachment to irregular surfaces
- Seaming of vinyl banners
- Universal all-purpose bonding applications common to double coated tapes
3M™ Double Coated Tape 9741 is coated on both sides with an aggressive, pressure sensitive acrylic adhesive. This bonding agent provides an ultra-high peel acrylic adhesive system that bonds well to most substrates, including low surface energy plastics. It provides superior bonding and conformability to irregular as well as flat surfaces. It will withstand a wide range of temperatures and applications.
What is Double Coated Tape?
In general, double coated tape is composed of a paper, film, or tissue carrier that is coated on both sides with pressure sensitive adhesive. The adhesive is protected by a peel-away liner that can be removed at the time of application or left in place until the joining surfaces are ready to be attached. These tapes can be applied by hand or with a dispenser. Double coated tape dispensers are available in a variety of configurations ranging from manual to fully automatic. Applications for double coated tape are found in web processing, construction, fabrication, arts and hobby industries, among others.