- Outdoor, UV-tolerant duct tape maintains versatile performance when exposed to the elements
- Removes cleanly for up to six months from most opaque surfaces even after sun and weather exposure
- Sticks immediately and stays on for up to one year without deterioration
- Save time and hassle of removing sticky or dried-on residue
- Strong water-resistant backing resists wear and light abrasion
- Provides a tight, moisture-resistant seal in many containment situations
- Conforms to irregular surfaces without lifting
- Available in slate blue, black and olive colors
Constructed of polyethylene film laminated to cloth with a rubber adhesive, this tape resists curling and tears off the roll cleanly for easy application on rough surfaces. 3M™ Performance Plus Duct Tape 8979 has a unique construction that allows for applications indoors and outdoors. It is removable with little or no adhesive residue up to six months after application.
A Tape with Versatility
Originally developed for heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) applications, duct tape is used today in a variety of maintenance, repair and construction settings. 3M™ Performance Plus Duct Tape 8979 removes cleanly for up to six months from most opaque surfaces, even outdoor applications after sun and weather exposure. It sticks immediately and stays on for up to one year without deterioration. The tape was tested for flame spread using test method UL723, ASTM E84 and can be used at temperatures as high as 200°F for up to 30 minutes. This sturdy cloth-reinforced tape can be torn from the roll by hand and sticks instantly, providing a wide range of convenient solutions. We offer 3M™ Performance Plus Duct Tape 8979 in slate blue, black and olive to enhance utility and aesthetics.
- Outdoor duct tape applications
- Temporary weather sealing
- Capping pipe
- Taping/splicing insulation
- Securing conduit ends
- Temporary repair
- Hanging polyethylene drapes
- Protecting against light sandblast overspray
Built to Stick
3M’s family of rugged cloth and duct tapes adheres to most surfaces for applications ranging from bundling to moisture proofing, sealing to splicing, reinforcing to hanging poly drapes. Available in a variety of colors and strengths, these tapes are best known for their hand tearability, high tensile strength and conformability.