- Works in demanding conditions and high temperatures ranging from -60ºF (-50ºC) to 400ºF (204ºC)
- Clean removal during high-temperature masking operations such as powder coating
- Polyester film offers excellent thermal and chemical resistance while maintaining flexibility
- Thicker version of 3M™ Polyester Tape 8991
- Silicone adhesive provides clean removal from a variety of surfaces
- Translucent green backing provides easy identification and positioning
Our 3M™ Polyester Tape 8992 is a general purpose polyester tape that excels in high temperature masking operations such as powder coat painting. Coated with a silicone adhesive, this tape bonds to a variety of difficult surfaces. It is chemical resistant and performs under a wide range of temperatures and environments.
Mask in High Temperatures
3M™ Polyester Tape 8992 is a general purpose polyester tape ideal for masking in high temperature applications. The translucent green backing is tear resistant. Coated with a silicone adhesive, this tape functions well in masking for powder coating to provide sharp paint lines. It removes cleanly and in one-piece from most surfaces, avoiding slivering and breaking. This tape is a thicker version of our 3M™ Polyester Tape 8991.
With excellent chemical resistance, this tape works effectively in chemical processes and demanding work conditions, such as anodizing. The pressure sensitive silicone adhesive performs under a broad range of temperatures ranging from -60°F (-50°C) to 400°F (204°C).
- Masking parts for high temperature powder coat painting
- Holding parts or vacuum bags during composite bonding operations
- Masking metal surfaces in acid or caustic chemical milling baths
- Protective tape reduces scratches during handling and shipping
- Flash breaker in metal bonding processes where the excess epoxy (flash) flows on the tape