- Light amber colored 1.0 mil polyimide backing with 1.4 mil silicone pressure sensitive adhesive
- Linered for easy die-cutting
- Ideal for high temperature applications
- Seals tight on contact, peels off clean up to 500°F/260°C
- High dimensional and tensile strength to break through cured paint
- Excellent thermal, chemical and abrasion resistance
- Thin backing for sharp paint line
3M™ Polyimide Tape 8997L is a light amber colored polyimide tape with a silicone adhesive meant to withstand heat during high-temperature masking operations. It offers excellent thermal, chemical and abrasion resistance. It seals tight on contact and peels off cleanly at up to 500°F/260°C.
Economical, Reliable, High Temperature Powder Coat Masking
With temperatures rising in powder coat paint operations, customers require a masking tape that can take the heat. Specifically designed for higher temp powder coat paint applications, 3M™ Polyimide Tape 8997L features a 1.0 mil thick polyimide backing with a 1.4 mil silicone adhesive. It is ideal for use in high temperature applications up to 500°F/260°C. Its light amber color ensures easy identification and alignment. 8997L is linered for easy die-cutting. The high dimensional and tensile strength of this polyimide tape allows it to break through cured paint without silvering or tearing.
Common uses for 3M™ Polyimide Tape 8997L include masking parts for powder coating, masking edges of overlap seams, e-coating, electroplating, anodizing and as a barrier of separation for dissimilar metals. It resists shrinking, curling and edge lifting and removes with zero adhesive residue. The thin, flexible backing seals tight on contact, peels off clean and leaves sharp, clear paint edges.
- Masking parts for powder coating
- Masking edges of overlap seams
- Barrier of separation for dissimilar metals
Polyimide Tapes for High Temp Applications
3M, the leader in masking tape technology, has developed a variety of polyimide tapes to insulate, mask, protect, seal, flash break, tab, powder coat and anodize mask. These revolutionary polyimide tapes withstand heat during rigorous, high-temperature masking operations. An exceptionally thin backing resists tears, abrasion, and the effects of aging. Pick a tape that can take the heat and keep your paint lines sharp.