- Designed for use with 3M™ PPS™ (Legacy) paint preparation system
- Kits contain disposable lids with micron filters, liners and sealing plugs
- Stock PPS™ Lids & Liners efficiently and cost-effectively
- Available for PPS™ Cups & Collars in five sizes (90mL – 850mL; 3 fl oz - 28 fl oz) for jobs ranging from spot repairs to 4-panel repairs
- PPS™ is an all-in-one disposable solution for measuring, mixing, filtering, and spraying of paint materials
- System enables the painter to consistently spray at 90 degrees to the part, no matter the part orientation (even upside down)
- Reduces the chance of outside contamination, delivers consistent material transfer and helps reduce paint consumption
- PPS™ reduces cleaning solvent consumption by up to 70% and reduces prep and clean-up time by as much as 50% compared with conventional paint cup systems
- Sealing plugs allow for temporary sealing and protection of non-catalyzed paint materials
3M™ PPS™ Lid & Liner Kits contain 25 disposable lids (Large size) or 50 disposable lids (all other sizes) with welded-in filters to strain paint material while spraying, along with corresponding liners and sealing plugs for use with the 3M™ PPS™ (Legacy) paint preparation system. Kits are available in five sizes for a range of jobs large and small.
Kits for Added Efficiency with 3M™ PPS™
Excellent for efficiently stocking PPS™ lids, liners and related components, 3M™ PPS™ Lid & Liner Kits contain disposable lids, disposable liners, and sealing plugs specifically for use with the 3M™ PPS™ (Legacy) paint preparation system. Each PPS lid features a welded-in filter which effectively strains paint material during application. Choose lids with 125 micron filters, which are often recommended for waterborne paint materials; or 200 micron filters for traditional solvent-based paint materials. Always reference your paint manufacturer to ensure the recommended filter to strain the material.
Lids and liners are sized specifically for the range of 3M™ PPS™ Cups & Collars, allowing technicians to mix up to 28 fluid oz (850 mL). Correct mixes are best achieved when also using with a 3M™ PPS™ Mix Ratio Insert, or a weight scale. Mix ratio film inserts are sold separately. Lid and liner sizes include:
- 3M™ PPS™ Lid & Liner Kit Micro Size – 50 lids, 50 liners and 20 sealing plugs for use with 3 fluid oz (90 mL) PPS™ Cups & Collars, ideal for spot repairs
- 3M™ PPS™ Lid & Liner Kit Mini Size – 50 lids, 50 liners and 20 sealing plugs for use with 6 fluid oz (180mL) PPS™ Cups & Collars, excellent for 1-panel repairs
- 3M™ PPS™ Lid & Liner Kit Midi Size – 50 lids, 50 liners and 20 sealing plugs for use with 13.5 fluid oz (400mL) PPS™ Cups & Collars, great for 2-panel repairs
- 3M™ PPS™ Lid & Liner Kit Standard Size – 50 lids, 50 liners and 20 sealing plugs for use with 22 fluid oz (650mL) PPS™ Cups & Collars, excellent for 3-panel repairs
- 3M™ PPS™ Lid & Liner Kit Large Size – 25 lids, 25 liners and 10 sealing plugs for use with 28 fluid oz (850mL) PPS™ Cups & Collars, ideal for 4-panel repairs
3M™ PPS™ UV Standard Lid & Liner Kits are also available, featuring PPS™ lids, liners and sealing plugs in black instead of transparent to keep out UV light. These kits are recommended for use when applying UV light curing materials such as primer, sealer, base-coat and clear coats.
Advantages of the 3M™ PPS™ System
Unlike conventional paint cup systems, our 3M™ PPS™ eliminates the need for mixing paint in additional paint mix cups and then transferring the paint through a separate filter into a paint reservoir. This is an important advantage because waste occurs every time a user transfers paint through mixing cups and filters. With PPS™, you place the disposable liner within the re-usable PPS™ Cup. Then simply mix the paint in the PPS™ disposable liner, snap the disposable lid (with the pre-welded filter) in place and attach the locking collar to complete the PPS™ System. With just these few simple steps, you're ready to start spraying.
Your Spray Gun Functions at any Angle, Even Upside Down
PPS™ allows the painter to spray consistently 90° to the part, no matter how the part is positioned. This makes material transfer more consistent, limits paint overspray and lowers paint consumption. Because PPS is a closed system, you can operate in any orientation - i.e. 360 degrees.
Clean Up is a Breeze and Uses Less Solvent
After spraying, the painter can use a sealing plug to seal and protect paint materials or simply discard the disposable lid and liner, leaving only the adapter and spray gun to clean. Discard the disposable lid and liner in the appropriate approved waste containers specified by the paint manufacturer (or local government requirements). Use a small amount of solvent for cleaning the spray gun and the PPS™ adapter. With this disposable paint system, shops are often experiencing a 70% reduction in cleaning solvents, which means solvent cleaning savings and solvent disposal savings. Most guns can be cleaned with less than 3 fl. oz of solvent.
A Versatile System that Works with Most Spray Guns
Specifically designed PPS™ stainless steel metal adapters allow painters to use the PPS™ system with virtually any spray gun. Painters also have the option to use the 3M™ Accuspray™ ONE spray gun, which requires no adapters. Technicians have found that using the PPS™ system in conjunction with the Accuspray™ spray gun further reduces cleaning solvent usage.
Reduces the Chance of Contamination Between Jobs
Because the painter uses a new disposable lid (with welded-in filter) and disposable liner for each mix, there is less risk of outside contamination due to mixing, filtering and clean up. Using a fresh lid and liner with each paint job, rather than washing out reusable components often improves overall productivity in prep and clean-up time by as much as 50%.
The Bottom Line: Why 3M is the Paint and Coatings Spray System of Choice
3M™ PPS™ is an all-in-one disposable painting system that produces cleaner jobs, saves on paint consumption and reduces solvent usage by up to 70%. You'll find that technicians operate with greater efficiency and spend less time on cleaning tasks. 3M PPS offers many advantages for anyone spraying liquid coatings from a spray gun with cup.