- PROFESSIONAL-GRADE ADHESIVE: This fast-potting agent bonds metals, ceramics, glass, and many plastics in applications with thermal cycling
- VERSATILE APPLICATION: Excels accross transportation, specialty vehicle, electrical, general industrial, sporting goods, construction, and consumer goods industries
- IDEAL FOR THERMAL IMPACT: Flexible when cured, this epoxy is excellent for bonding dissimilar surfaces where resistance to flexing, vibration, and other stressors is needed
- IMPACT PERFORMANCE: Forms a long-lasting bond with high shear strength and good peel/impact performance
- FAST HANDLING TIME AND CURE: Features 4 minutes of working time and reaches handling strength in 20 minutes at room temperature
- CERTIFICATIONS: DP100 Plus is UL 94 HB Certified
3M™ Scotch-Weld Epoxy Adhesive DP100 Plus is a very flexible, fast-setting, two-part epoxy adhesive that cures clear and stays clear even when cured in larger masses. This epoxy stays clear, but not colorless when cured in large masses.
When using a Duo-Pak (DP) size adhesive, rely on 3M dispensing equipment for convenient and accurate metering, mixing and dispensing.
Provides Strong, Permanent Bond Even Under Vibration and Impact
There's no more versatile structural epoxy than 3M™ Scotch-Weld™ Epoxy Adhesive DP100 Plus. It works on a variety of substrates including metals, ceramics and glass, wood, and many plastics. The low viscosity makes it easy to dispense and self-level; and an effective tool for filleting and potting. It features high shear strength and good peel and impact performance that, when combined with good flexibility, make it ideal for a variety of applications in the transportation, specialty vehicle, electrical, general industrial, sporting goods, construction, and consumer goods industries.
- Glass to metal bonding
- Bonding jewelry or other items where appearance is critical
- Bonds many plastics
- General attachment applications in a variety of industries
- Replace 5 minute epoxy for improved performance
- Fast potting agent good for applications with thermal cycling
Fast 4-Minute Work Life Sets in 20 Minutes
The mix ratio for 3M™ Scotch-Weld ™ Epoxy Adhesive DP100 Plus is 1:1 for quick, precise dispensing, and with a four-minute working time there's some opportunity for repositioning to keep projects on track. The adhesive reaches handling strength in approximately 20 minutes and is fully cured in 48 hours (at 72°F/22°C).
Understanding Epoxy Adhesives
Epoxy adhesives, including 4-minute epoxy are part of the class of adhesives called "structural adhesives," which include polyurethane, acrylic, cyanoacrylate and others. Epoxies are formulated as liquid reactive polymers that undergo a chemical reaction when mixed and then cure to form a solid plastic material. Once the two parts are mixed in their specified ratio, they begin the curing process and offer a limited working time where the adhesive can be applied and the two surfaces positioned as needed. This work life lasts anywhere from a few minutes to several hours. These structural adhesives provide high shear and peel strengths, depending on the formula, and better heat and chemical resistance than other common adhesives. In general, epoxy adhesives have the highest overall strength and offer the best performance and most resistance to high temperatures, solvents and outdoor weathering.
Epoxy adhesive (often referred to as epoxy glue) is widely used in building and home construction; aircraft and automobile manufacturing; bicycle, boat, golf clubs, ski and snowboard assembly as well as a host of home use and other applications. It is used virtually anywhere high-strength bonds are needed along with resistance to environmental conditions. These adhesives are popular for their ease of use, mechanical strength and chemical resistance. Formulations can be created to make epoxy for plastic flexible or epoxy for metal rigid, epoxy resin transparent or opaque, quick setting or slow setting. The versatility with which these adhesives can be formulated helps meet almost any requirement for bonding wood, metal, glass, stone and various plastics.
Compatible Applicators: Manual Applicator
Compatible Nozzles: White Nozzles