- Delivers long-lasting high performance and versatility at a value price
- Contains 3M Precision-Shaped Grain, which cuts faster and lasts longer than conventional abrasive grain
- Proven to outperform traditional alumina zirconia flap discs
- Individual flaps break down, exposing fresh mineral to deliver consistent cut rate for the life of the disc
- Ideal for use on carbon steel, stainless steel and other heat-sensitive alloys
- Covers a wide range of applications from weld grinding and beveling to surface prep
3M™ Flap Disc 769F is a high-performance abrasive disc built for versatility and value. Powered by 3M Precision-Shaped Grain, it lasts longer and cuts faster than conventional aluminum oxide and alumina zirconia flap discs – and it’s priced for affordability and everyday use. This unbeatable combination of performance and value can increase productivity while also lowering your abrasive spend.
Value-priced Performance with Built-in Versatility
3M™ Flap Disc 769F is a long-lasting, versatile abrasive disc that includes all the advantages you expect from a flap disc, including conformability and ease of use with a lower risk of gouging. Featuring 3M Precision-Shaped Grain and a durable polyester backing, 3M™ Flap Disc 769F lasts long and holds up strong to high-pressure applications like beveling, weld grinding and edge deburring. Plus, it leaves a finish that makes it a great choice for applications like blending and surface prep.
Powered by 3M Precision-Shaped Grain
The 3M™ Flap Disc 769F features a blend of 3M Precision-Shaped Grain – our proprietary grain design that continually fractures into sharp points that slice cleanly through metal, unlike traditional abrasives which tend to plow through the substrate. This fracturing helps our 3M™ Flap Disc 769F last long and maintain a high cut-rate over the life of the disc.
- Weld grinding
- Edge deburring
- Surface preparation
- Scale removal
- Weld spatter removal
In many cases, 3M™ Flap Disc 769F will allow you to grind and finish in one step, without changing abrasives. This is because, under normal conditions, 769F will generate a finish that is one grade finer than a fiber disc of the same grade. While a fiber disc will cut faster, this flap disc can eliminate steps and disc change-outs to help save you time.