- Medium-duty, high strength tape for utility bundling, reinforcing and pallet unitizing applications
- Synthetic rubber adhesive bonds easily to most fiberboard, plastics and metal surfaces
- Glass yarn filaments add strength for box closing, bundling and more
- Tape resists nicks, abrasions, moisture and scuffing
- Transparency provides clear visibility of box graphics, printing and illustrations
Scotch® Filament Tape 897 is a medium strength, general purpose, clear fiberglass-reinforced tape -with a synthetic rubber resin adhesive ideal for medium-duty strapping, bundling and reinforcing. The synthetic rubber resin adhesive provides good adhesion to most surfaces, including a variety of plastics, carpets, natural fibers, and metals.
Bundle and Reinforce
Designed with an adhesive that provides good initial adhesion and holds well with minimum rub-down, Scotch® Filament Tape 897 is a general purpose solution for a variety of bundling and reinforcing applications. The backing, filaments and adhesive combine to provide high tensile and shear strength compared to general purpose tapes. It allows for printing and illustrations to be seen through the tape. This tape holds under a wide range of application conditions with a minimum amount of tape, leading to lower cost for applications where high tensile strength is a main requirement.
- Carpet bundling
- Box reinforcing and closing
- General packaging
The World’s Go-To Source for Filament Tapes Since 1946
3M's line of filament-reinforced tapes and strapping tapes are high strength, reliable and affordable solutions that give you product and package integrity. For closing boxes, stabilizing pallets, bundling and reinforcing; securing appliance components during transport and easy-open tear strips, our high strength tapes provide important benefits for manufacturers of piping, metal products, furniture, appliances, automotive parts, sporting goods, as well as food and beverage processors.
UPC #: 00021200865251, Part#: 897, SKU: 7000123442