- Industrial-strength, filament-reinforced tape resists nicks, abrasion and moisture
- Secure L-clip closure for full overlap (FOL), tuck-type boxes or other non-standard boxes
- Synthetic rubber adhesive bonds easily to most fiberboard, plastics and metal surfaces
- Glass yarn filaments add strength for box closing, bundling and more
- Able to withstand rough shipping and handling conditions
With a polypropylene backing that resists abrasion, moisture, scuffing and breaks, try Scotch® Filament Tape 898. This filament-reinforced tape is ideal for securing boxes, bundling pipe or reinforcing large bulk containers, Scotch® Filament Tape 898 is a high-strength, reliable and affordable solution for product and package integrity.
Strong, Sturdy Design
With an increased tensile strength, Scotch® Filament Tape 898 (PDF, 243.71 Kb) provides an excellent solution for full overlap L-clip box closures, bundling pipe or reinforcing large bulk containers. Constructed with a clear, filament-reinforced, polypropylene backing, this tape is abrasion, moisture, scuff and break resistant, even if nicked or punctured. This sturdy tape dispenses easily without curling for easy application. Its multi-layer synthetic-rubber adhesive system prevents delamination. The synthetic adhesive bonds well to a variety of surfaces commonly used in packaging, such as corrugated cardboard, fiberboard, plastic and metals.