- Strong backing is easy to tear, yet resists slivering and provides one piece removal
- Rubber adhesive provides instant adhesion and resists lifting or curling, yet still removes easily
- Crepe paper backing conforms and maintains integrity when formed around a corner
- Performs well in paint bake operations up to 250°F for 30 minutes
- Manufactured without solvents for reduced environmental impact
3M™ General Purpose Masking Tape 234 features a strong backing and a less aggressive adhesive. It is one of our most popular general purpose crepe backed masking tapes and performs exceptionally well in most indoor applications, having proven itself especially useful in window and door manufacturing.
Our 3M™ General Purpose Masking Tape 234 is a multipurpose, crepe-backed masking tape that performs well – without slivering – in both general painting and paint bake operations at temperatures up to 250°F/ 121°C for up to 30 minutes. It also features enough tensile strength to be of use in many holding, protecting and bundling applications. A controlled unwind ensures the tape dispenses evenly from the roll, making it less like to tear prematurely.
- Window and door manufacturing
- Medium temperature paint bake operations
- Holding, protecting or bundling applications
- General labeling
- General indoor use
Excellent for Windows and Doors
The crepe paper backing tears easily, offers moderate conformability around corners and over irregular surfaces while the rubber adhesive sticks instantly and offers adequate holding power that resists lifting and curling, while removing cleanly and easily from the surface. This tape bonds well to paper, metal, wood, and painted surfaces with reliable holding power. Under normal operating conditions, 3M™ General Purpose Masking Tape 234 features one-piece removal and is sliver resistant.
What is Masking Tape?
Masking tape was developed specifically to help protect surrounding surfaces from overspray, provide clean paint lines, and remove easily and cleanly when finished. Masking tapes from 3M adhere well, resist solvents or water from the paint, and are strong enough to hang plastic sheeting, yet remove cleanly without damaging the subsurface. The backing, typically crepe paper, can conform to curved and irregular surfaces. The tape hand tears for tool-free application.