- Creates an effective barrier to mitigate smoke and toxic gas spread
- Helps minimize sound transfer
- Latex acts as a draftstop to prevent unwanted air movement
- Sealant provides a barrier against dust and other airborne particulates
- Adheres to a full range of construction substrates
- Elastomeric polymer stretches and constricts depending on volume
Our 3M™ Smoke and Sound Sealant SS100 is designed to seal construction joints and through penetrations in non-fire-rated wall and floor assemblies. In addition, this latex sealant acts as a draftstop to prevent unwanted air movement while providing a barrier against dust and other airborne particulates.
Seal Construction Joints and Through Penetrations
3M ™ Smoke and Sound Sealant SS100 is a gun-grade, elastomeric sealant that exhibits excellent adhesion to a full range of construction substrates. When dried, it forms a monolithic seal that helps prevent unwanted noise infiltration and mitigates the spread of smoke and toxic gas during a fire. This sealant is designed to seal construction joints and through penetrations in non-fire rated wall and floor assemblies, including smoke partitions and acoustic assemblies. It also acts as an acoustic barrier by minimizing noise transfer (STC-Rating of 56 when tested in a STC 56-rated wall assembly) and meets the intent of LEED® VOC environmental regulations and International Building Code (IBC) and other building code requirements.
- Construction joints
- Through penetrations
- Non-fire-rated construction (including smoke partitions and acoustical assemblies)
Due to VOC restrictions this product cannot be sold to: CA