- Firestop tested up to 3 hours in accordance with ASTM E 814 (UL 1479) and CAN/ULC S115
- Fire resistance tested up to 4 hours for construction joint systems in accordance with ASTM E 1966 (UL 2079)
- Engineered to provide optimum adhesion to a wide variety of construction materials
- Compression and extension capability of ±13%
- Offers excellent caulk rate and applied with conventional caulking equipment
- Durable sealant provides excellent weatherability during construction
- Formulated as a re-enterable and repairable solution
3M™ Fire Barrier Silicone Sealant 2000+ is an elastomeric, ready-to-use, single-component, neutral-cure silicone sealant that cures upon exposure to atmospheric humidity. We designed this sealant to form a flexible firestop seal that also acts as a barrier to airborne sound transmission. This product is firestop tested up to 3 hours in accordance with ASTM E 814 (UL 1479) and CAN/ULC S115.
Tough and Flexible Firestop Sealant
Formulated to provide up to 4-hour fire protection, 3M™ Fire Barrier Silicone Sealant 2000+ is an elastomeric, single-component, neutral-cure silicone sealant. This ready-to-use sealant cures upon exposure to atmospheric humidity and forms a flexible firestop seal for construction joints and through penetrations in fire-rated assemblies. 3M™ Fire Barrier Silicone Sealant 2000+ is firestop tested up to 3 hours in accordance with ASTM E 814 (UL 1479) and CAN/ULC S115, as well as fire resistance tested up to 4 hours for construction joint systems in accordance with ASTM E 1966 (UL 2079). We engineered this silicone sealant to provide ±13% compression and extension capability. This flexible firestop sealant is re-enterable and repairable, exhibits exceptional adhesion and bonds to most common construction materials and provides excellent weatherability during construction.
- Dynamic and static construction joints
- Firestop blank openings
- Penetrating items that pass through fire-rated floor or wall assemblies
Create a Strong Firestop Shield
When properly installed, 3M™ Fire Barrier Silicone Sealant 2000+ provides up to 4-hour protection against the spread of fire, smoke and noxious gas before, during and after exposure to a fire in tested and listed systems. In addition, this product acts as an acoustic barrier by minimizing noise transfer (STC-Rating of 56 when tested in a STC 56-rated wall assembly) and helps create a smoke seal for installations requiring the L-Rating. This product also meets the intent of LEED® VOC environmental regulations, International Building Code (IBC) and other key life safety building code requirements.
Reliable and Affordable Fire Protection
Effective and easy to install, 3M™ Fire Barrier Silicone Sealant 2000+ is part of our family of fire protection products that offer the broadest, long-lasting solutions for a variety of commercial, industrial and residential applications. As a trusted leader in the fire protection industry, 3M offers a broad line of affordable products designed to meet the most demanding firestop requirements. Find the solution you need from the industry-preferred line of fire protection products.