- PROFESSIONAL-GRADE ADHESIVE: Bonds to bare, oily metals, as well as a wide variety of other materials, including most plastics
- VERSATILE APPLICATION: Ideal for specialty/recreational vehicles, HVAC, signage, appliances, and metal fabrication
- FOR POWDER COATING OR PAINTING: Withstands powder coat and paint bake cycles up to 400 °F (200 °C) for at least 30 minutes
- HIGH SHEAR STRENGTH: Offers high shear, peel and impact strength for a tough and lasting bond
- EXCELLENT BOND STRENGTH: Maintains a durable bond in temperatures as low as -40 °F (-40 °C)
- FAST HANDLING TIME AND CURE: Offers rapid strength build-up at room temperature with 6 minutes of working time before fully curing
- MINIMAL SURFACE PREPARATION: Ideal for industrial applications with minimal surface preparation, such as slightly oily metal bonding
- Long shelf life, no refrigeration
3M™ Scotch-Weld™ Metal Bonder Acrylic Adhesive DP8407NS is a gray structural adhesive with high overlap shear and peel strength with good impact resistance and durability. This adhesive was designed to bond permanently to bare metals with minimal surface preparation, but also bonds well to wide variety of other materials, including most plastics.
When using a Duo-Pak (DP) size adhesive, rely on 3M dispensing equipment for convenient and accurate metering, mixing and dispensing.
Bonds to a Variety of Substrates and Resists Corrosion
Our 3M™ Scotch-Weld™ Metal Bonder Acrylic Adhesive DP8407NS bonds to a variety of materials (especially bare metals such as aluminum, cold rolled steel, copper, brass and bronze) while resisting corrosion. This gray structural adhesive can even bond slightly oily metal with minimal to no surface preparation. It provides excellent bond strength and impact resistance, even at temperatures down to -40ºF (-40ºC). 3M™ Scotch-Weld™ Metal Bonder Acrylic Adhesive DP8407NS is ideal for industrial applications where permanent, high-strength bonds are required. Using our adhesive helps eliminate the grinding process and surface finishing time associated with welding, spot welding and mechanical fasteners.
- Metal office furniture
- HVAC equipment
- Specialty vehicles (ambulance, trailer, fire truck)
- Recreational vehicles (snowmobiles and ATV’s)
- Metal fabrication
3M™ Scotch-Weld™ Metal Bonder Acrylic Adhesive DP8407NS Gray has been recognized by Underwriters Laboratories (UL) for use in electrical equipment and electric signs. Please review UL File QOQW2. MH17478 and Sign Components Manual (SAM) File E464624 for details.
3M™ Scotch-Weld™ Metal Bonder Acrylic Adhesive DP8407NS Gray should yield similar results as 3M™ Scotch-Weld™ Acrylic Adhesive DP8410NS Green, which has been tested for surface flammability, smoke, toxic gas generation, and caloric content per ASTM E162, ASTM E662, ASTM E1354, Bombardier SMP 800-C, and Boeing BSS 7239 test methods.
Withstands Powder Coating and Paint Bake Cycles up to 400ºF
Assemblies requiring powder coating or painting typically encounter extreme temperature challenges. Our 3M™ Scotch-Weld™ Metal Bonder Acrylic Adhesive DP8407NS is designed to withstand powder coat and paint bake cycles up to 400ºF (204ºC) for at least one hour.
Moderate Viscosity, Non-Sag Formula Won’t Slump or Spread Excessively
3M™ Scotch-Weld™ Metal Bonder Acrylic Adhesive DP8407NS offers a non-sag, moderate viscosity formula that won't slump or sag excessively when applied, allowing for precise application while ensuring your adhesive remains directly where you apply it, even on vertical surfaces. Our 3M™ Scotch-Weld™ Metal Bonder Acrylic Adhesive DP8407NS starts with medium viscosity for controlled dispensing and spreads to sufficiently wet out the surface. The mix ratio is 10:1 and provides a 6 minute work life and fast strength build-up at room temperature. It offers a long shelf life, with no refrigeration necessary.
Easy Adhesion with Acrylic Adhesives
Acrylic adhesives are two-part structural adhesives that provide excellent bond strength and durability. Often referred to as "epoxy adhesives" or "epoxy glue", acrylics actually belong to a separate chemical family with their own unique characteristics. Acrylic adhesives have several features that make them easier to use, including a much faster cure speed, higher tolerance for oily or unprepared bonding surfaces and the ability to bond a wide variety of materials, including nearly all plastics. Newer acrylic adhesive formulations are room temperature stable with a long shelf life.