- Trial bag version (1 in. x 10 ft.) of 3M™ Dual Lock™ Reclosable Fastener SJ3561 and 3M™ Dual Lock™ Reclosable Fastener SJ3562
- Great for small jobs, prototyping and design evaluation
- Clear, interlocking mushroom-shaped heads provide strong, reliable and durable fastening that can be opened and closed multiple times
- Clear, acrylic, tape bonds well to a variety of substrates including metals, glass and plastics such as acrylics, polycarbonate and ABS
- Strong fastener secures with an audible snap, verifying closure
- An alternative to screws and bolts, this hidden fastener provides a snug fit and smooth aesthetic appearance
- Features good temperature resistance of 220°F (104°C)
- Best suited for indoor and outdoor use
3M™ Dual Lock™ Reclosable Fastener TB3561/TB3562 is the translucent, convenient alternative to traditional fastening methods, such as screws, nuts or bolts. It is designed to deliver a durable, reclosable fastening solution (which can be opened and closed multiple times) that bonds to a variety of substrates including metals, glass and plastics such as acrylics, polycarbonate and ABS.
Solve Attachment Challenges in an Instant
The mushroom-shaped heads on the 3M™ Dual Lock™ Reclosable Fastener TB3561/TB3562 easily slide over each other allowing for the positioning of parts before they are snapped together. When mated, the fasteners are hidden from view and leave an unbroken surface to help create a smooth, clean appearance. This Trial Bag includes a 10 ft mated strip of 400/170 stem density, a combination proven successful for a majority of indoor and outdoor applications. The clear acrylic adhesive is designed to bond to metals, glass and high surface energy (HSE) plastics.
- Attaching toll tag monitors
- Equipment access doors
- Attachment of signs to door, walls and other surfaces
- Seat cushions in marine applications
- Vibration and sound dampening control
- Removable medical equipment
- Attachment of computer accessories
How the Dual Lock Reclosable Fastener Works
When two pieces of 3M™ Dual Lock™ Reclosable Fastener are pressed together, the stems flex and the mushroom heads slide past each other. After passing the mushroom heads on the opposing mating piece, a stem snaps up into its original position, interlocking with the opposing heads. The audible snap signals the fastener is engaged. The attachment formed may be as effective as screws or rivets, but will peel apart for repositioning. 3M Dual Lock Reclosable Fasteners are used extensively in transportation, electronics, business equipment, machinery, medical, and sign and display markets. Applications include attaching signs, enclosure panels, banners, repositionable shelving, vehicle ceiling panels, furniture seats and backs and marine carpeting.
Today, designers, manufacturers, and consumers expect more options to secure, attach and connect surfaces. 3M™ Dual Lock™ Reclosable Fasteners offer instant installation and high-strength attachment, yet can be opened as easily as zippers. That functional flexibility, as well as superior aesthetics, reduced weight, and savings in labor and installation costs, make these innovative fasteners a popular and effective solution.
3M Trial Bags Simplify Selection
3M™ Dual Lock™ Reclosable Fastener Trial Bags provide a simplified “go-to” selection that has proven successful for most common applications, along with just the right length and quantity for trial run testing.
Bringing Better Ideas to the Surface through Science and Innovation
In our 3M Industrial Adhesives and Tapes Division, we apply the science of adhesion to deliver innovative solutions that improve the design and manufacturing processes of companies around the world. In the end, our technologies help customers like you deliver competitive products to the market faster and more efficiently.