- INDUSTRIAL STRENGTH CONSTRUCTION: A thick tough duct tape designed for use in heavy-duty maintenance, repair, and construction applications
- CLEAN REMOVAL: Cleanly peels off of opaque, non-glass, indoor surfaces for up to 60 days
- INNOVATIVE ADHESIVE: Its aggressive rubber adhesive provides a strong bond and clean, residue-free removal, even on rough surfaces
- INSTANT ADHESION: Engineered to stick immediately and hold reliably until the job is done
- ALL-PURPOSE BACKING: Its strong polyethylene backing resists water, wear, and abrasion
- WATER-TIGHT SEAL: Forms a tight, moisture-resistant seal in many containment situations
- MAXIMUM CONFORMABILITY: Easily sticks to irregular surfaces and tight spaces without lifting
Constructed of polyethylene film over a dense cloth with an aggressive rubber adhesive, 3M™ Extra Heavy Duty Duct Tape 6969 is an economical tape featuring industrial strength, easy hand tearability and abrasion resistance. It offers 60-day clean removal for indoor applications. Moisture resistant, with a tack-free roll edge, this tape is ready to take on tough jobs such as bundling pipes, hanging heavy sheets, securing trip hazards and hanging plastic sheeting.
A tape with versatility
3M™ Extra Heavy Duty Duct Tape 6969 is an industrial strength duct tape that owes its strength and reliable performance to an abrasion-resistant, waterproof polyethylene film backing. A dense cloth scrim and aggressive rubber adhesive produce an effective tape that conforms, sticks where needed, seals, protects and meets other demanding applications. In addition to strength and reliability, this tape tears easily by hand and removes cleanly for no-hassle use on demand, making it a must-have for any job site or toolbox. This heavy-duty duct tape is great for many applications in the transportation, aerospace, automotive, commercial vehicle, RV, bus, truck, shipyard, metal working, furniture manufacturing, trailer manufacturing and woodworking industries.
- Taping/splicing insulation
- Capping pipe
- Securing conduit ends
- Temporary repair
- Hanging polyethylene drapes
- Protecting against light sandblast overspray
Built to stick
3M's family of rugged cloth and duct tapes adhere to most surfaces for applications, ranging from bundling to moisture proofing, sealing to splicing, reinforcing to hanging poly drapes. A toolbox mainstay in industry and home workshops, duct tape (sometimes mistakenly referred to as "duck tape") serves a wide range of maintenance, repair and construction needs. The term "duct tape" comes from the tape's original use in heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) applications, including duct sealing. Today it is found in residential, industrial, and commercial environments and used effectively in construction, electrical, general industrial, marine and automotive markets. Available in a variety of colors and strengths, they're known best for their hand tearability, high tensile strength and conformability.