- 20 pads per box
- Multipurpose pad can be cut, rolled, or stacked to provide superior intermediate sanding, finishing, and cleaning results
- Conformable pad won’t crease or crumble when pressing into hard-to-reach areas
- Open web construction resists loading and allows easy cleaning for repeated use
- Load resistant, open-web material can be rinsed clean for repeated use
- Fine grade aluminum oxide mineral provides high cut-rate and consistent abrasive action
Scotch-Brite™ Extra Duty Hand Pad 6444 is an intermediate sanding and finishing pad designed for cleaning, finishing and graining on metal, wood, composites, and other surfaces. The non-woven material resists loading and can also be rinsed clean to provide consistent finishing action throughout the life of the pad.
This conformable product performs well on flat and contoured surfaces without significantly altering the base material. Our durable Scotch-Brite™ Extra Duty Hand Pad is also effective for denibbing or defuzzing. This multi-use 6 x 9 inch hand pad can be used by hand for precise control, with a hand block for uniform finishing, or on an in-line sander to condition large areas.
This brown pad uses fine grade aluminum oxide abrasive, which is a popular choice among industrial professionals because of its cut-rate and long life. This mineral is a tough, durable abrasive that self-fractures to expose fresh cutting edges in use, whereas traditional abrasives, such as garnet, quickly wear down with use. Due to its high cut-rate, hardness, strength, and low heat retention, aluminum oxide mineral is widely used in grinding applications in addition to sanding and finishing use. Aluminum oxide is suitable on a wide variety of substrates in both woodworking and metalworking, including ferrous alloys.
Our Scotch-Brite™ industrial abrasives are unique surface conditioning products with abrasives incorporated into non-woven nylon or synthetic fibers. Combining abrasives with the fibers creates an abrasive system that delivers consistent results for the life of the product. The open-web material runs cool and is load resistant, which keeps the abrasive minerals cutting at high performance by limiting clogging of the fibers.