- Structurally bonds to nylon (polyamides) without plasma or flame treatment surface preparation
- Excellent adhesion to aluminum, stainless steel and other metals that are commonly joined to nylon
- Ideal for high temperature and high humidity applications
- Structural strength at 185°F (85°C)
- Fast, strong cure for assembly speed and productivity
- 10 minute work life with 16 minutes to handling strength
- Contains 250 micron (0.010 inch) spacer beads to control bond line thickness
- Try the new 3M™ Scotch-Weld™ Digital Dispensing Assistant and experience shorter machine setup time with a free new automation tool for time-pressure systems
3M™ Scotch-Weld™ Nylon Bonder Structural Adhesive DP8910NS is a black, non-sag, two-part structural acrylic adhesive. 8910 creates a structural bond to nylon (polyamides) and other engineered plastics as well as aluminum and other metals without the need for extensive surface preparation such as plasma or flame treatment. It has a 10-minute work life with 16 minutes to handling strength.
Minimal surface preparation for easier nylon bonding 3M™ Scotch-Weld™ Nylon Bonder Structural Adhesive DP8910NS helps reduce costs and production time by structurally bonding nylon (polyamides) without requiring intensive surface preparation methods such as plasma or flame treatment. It also cures rapidly to help improve assembly speed and productivity. When cured it maintains structural strength at temperatures up to 185°F (85°C) and resists humidity, making it ideal for high temperature and high humidity applications where high-performance substrates such as nylon are often used. In addition to nylon, it bonds well to aluminum and stainless steel to provide a broad range of design options. The black, non-sag, two-part structural acrylic adhesive contains 250 micron (0.010 inch) spacer beads. This adhesive has a 10 minute work life with 16 minutes to handling strength. Recommended Applications Automotive and specialty vehicle under-hood applications Composite part manufacturing EV batteries Sporting goods and equipment Furniture Medical devices Aerospace 3-D printing When using a Duo-Pak (DP) size adhesive, rely on 3M dispensing equipment for convenient and accurate metering, mixing and dispensing. Easy Adhesion with Acrylic Acrylic adhesives are two-part adhesives that provide excellent bond strength and durability. Acrylic glues have several features that make them easier to use, including a much faster cure speed, higher tolerance for oily or unprepared bonding surfaces and the ability to bond a wide variety of materials, including nearly all plastics. Newer acrylic adhesive formulations are room temperature stable with a long shelf life. Bringing Better Ideas to the Surface Through Science and Innovation The 3M Industrial Adhesives and Tapes Division applies the science of adhesion to deliver innovative solutions that improve the design and manufacturing processes of companies around the world. In the end, these technologies help customers deliver competitive products to the market faster and more efficiently.