- Ultra-thick, water-resistant backing resists wear and abrasion while providing the highest level of strength
- Tears cleanly and easily by hand
- Aggressive, synthetic rubber adhesive provides instant adhesion to a wide variety of surfaces, including metal, glass, plastic and sealed concrete
- Tightly woven scrim provides high tensile strength, which is ideal for bundling applications
- Consistent unwind improves handling in a variety of applications
- Available in black
Constructed of polyethylene film laminated to cloth with a synthetic rubber adhesive, this very thick and strong tape resists curling and tears off the roll cleanly even when used in the most demanding jobs. 3M™ Super Duty Duct Tape DT17 is designed to provide a maximum-strength, long-lasting solution for the ultimate applications.
A Tape for the Toughest Jobs
Originally developed for heating, ventilating and air conditioning (HVAC) applications, duct tape is used today in a variety of maintenance, repair and construction settings. Due to its unique design and price, 3M™ Super Duty Duct Tape DT17 is considered the strongest choice for the jobs where the thickest tape is necessary. It can be applied in temperatures as low as 40°F and used in temperatures as high as 130°F for up to 30 minutes.
3M™ Super Duty Duct Tape DT17 is available exclusively in black. Despite it being the thickest of 3M's duct tapes, its polyethylene backing can be torn from the roll to stick instantly. While it bonds firmly to a number of substrates — including plastic, glass and sealed concrete — it is ideal for jobs involving the repairing, seaming and protection of metal parts and surfaces.
- Taping/splicing insulation
- Capping pipe
- Securing conduit ends
- Temporary repair
- Hanging polyethylene drapes
- Protecting against light sandblast overspray
Built to Stick
3M's family of rugged cloth and duct tapes adheres to most surfaces for applications ranging from bundling to moisture proofing, sealing to splicing, reinforcing to hanging poly drapes. Available in a variety of thicknesses and strengths, these tapes are known best for their hand tearability, high tensile strength and conformability.
Click here for more information on 3M's DT Series Duct Tapes (PDF, 11.48 Mb)