- Multi-hole pattern maximizes dust extraction with a central or self-generated vacuum system (sold separately)
- Medium density foam provides some conformability for surface sanding
- Tapered edge performs well when flexibility is needed for feather-edging or blending a painted area
- External threads are compatible with orbital or random orbital sanders with similar internal threads (1/4-20 for 3” random orbital sander or 5/16-24 for 5” and 6” random orbital sanders)
- 3M™ Hookit™ hook-and-loop attachment provides excellent backing support and easy reuse, optimizing disc life
3M™ Xtract™ Back-up Pad holds net discs and discs with a clean sanding hole pattern (sold separately), helping enable up to 97% dust extraction. It has a tapered edge which provides conformability and edge flexibility, ideal for feather-edging or blending a painted area to match the rest of the workpiece.
Enabling a safer work environment. A cleaner work environment is a safer work environment. When used with 3M™ Xtract™ Net Discs, the 3M™ Xtract™ Back-up Pad helps enable up to 97% extraction of dust produced during sanding, reducing exposure to airborne particles and creating a healthier, virtually dust-free work environment. Easily attach this back-up pad and net disc to a sander with a central or self-generated vacuum system and start experiencing the benefits of virtually dust-free sanding. Experience the benefits of the 3M™ Xtract™ System. 3M is your one-stop shop for all of your sanding application needs. From net discs to random orbital sanders, disc back-up pads and portable dust extraction units, we have everything you need to boost productivity and part quality in your operation. 3M technical experts have decades of application and industry expertise to ensure you get the right abrasives and the optimal system solution. Featured Applications: Metal fabrication Primer sanding Gelcoat sanding Composite sanding Woodworking